Part Five

Asahi's POV

"Yuu, we have - we have to leave soon! Daichi and Suga said they - they're waiting for us. Didn't I already wake you up earlier?"

He groans with eyes squeezed shut, stretching himself out on my bed not unlike a cat. I can't help but smile a little, but I quickly turn away before he opens his eyes and takes my expression as permission to fall back asleep. I leave the room, humming, once I hear him sighing and rolling out of my bed and onto the floor.

One new message.

From: Suga

In: Third Year Group Chat

Suga: asahi!! are you here yet?? :(

I smile at his usual expressiveness, even while texting, and tap out a reply as I navigate to the livingroom.

Me: Nishinoya just woke up. See you in 20?

Suga: oh, alright - more time for us then~ ;)

Daichi: Suga... don't give him any ideas!

Suga: ;)~

Me: Aren't you two at the same place? Why are you both texting?

I can imagine the two exchanging a look and laughing together, wrapped up in scarves and blowing puffs of cold air everywhere. I let out a short laugh, falling onto the couch with an "Oof".

Suga: dont tell your senpais what to do, jeez! >:D

Me: Yeah, yeah. Is Tanaka there?

Daichi: Not yet. He said his sister had to stop at their house for something, first.

Me: Alright; I'll see if we can beat him there!

Suga: you two text so formally!!! your correct punctuation is driving me crazy >:(

Daichi: I could say the same about your "emoticons", Koushi.

Me: 'Koushi'?

Suga: daichi!!!

Their flirting makes me laugh quietly, and I decide to tuck away my phone and leave them to it.

~•°•°----------------------°•°•~

Ten minutes later, Yuu comes bumbling through the doorway into the livingroom, where I sit on the couch. I toss his black satchel to him, which he catches with his now-awakened usual reflexes with black fingerless gloves and a wide grin. He has on a dark red plaid hoodie under a black jacket and white scarf, with black skinny jeans and matching white Vans.

I gulp down the flush spreading down my neck from my ears and cheeks. His street clothes, which are always much sharper looking than mine, contrast greatly with my mostly neutral-toned outfit. I don a brown, fleece-lined jacket overtop a parchment-colored knit sweater, grey jeans, and black Converses, with my hair up in a loose bun. Yuu's is in its usual spikes.

"Well?" he asks, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "You ready to hit town with the team parents?"

I grin a little at that, rising to my feet and feeling suddenly aware of how far down his head is. "Y - yeah." I clear my throat and drop the note I'd written for my parents on the table. "Let's go."