𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

Grosvenor Square, 1813

___________
𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓,
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒑𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏. 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒏 𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒐𝒏. 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒘𝒔, 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑴𝒂𝒎𝒂.
𝑭𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒅𝒅𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒐𝒏. 𝑨 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚, 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔.
___________

Londons social season had finally arrived, which meant a great deal to almost all daughters hoping to find themselves the perfect suitor. Most families wanted their children to marry into the wealthiest family possible, but that wasn't entirely the case for the Bridgerton twins. Both Florence and Daphne wanted to fall in love, just like their parents.

Daphne was more excited about being presented in front of the queen that her sister was. Florence was nervous, and felt as though she might puke the whole ride in the carriage. Despite how sick she felt inside, to anyone she looked as stunning as always. Arriving to the castle, both Daphne and Florence stared in awe, dreaming about what it would be like to live there and raise a family.

Upon arrival, the eldest Bridgerton sibling, Anthony, had met his sisters outside of their carriage. "Anthony! You are here!" Daphne exclaimed. "Of course I am here, sister. I'd never miss such an important day for the two of you, and our family." 

"No, you would just be late for it" Violet scolded her son while linking arms with the girls. "Shall we?" Anthony asked, holding his arm out for Florence to hold, leading the family inside.

___________

𝑻𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆-𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝑴𝒂𝒋𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏. 𝑴𝒂𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔. 𝑰𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒆𝒚𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚. 𝑨 𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆... 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒚'𝒔 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒔. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔.. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏.

___________

The girls were introduced with their siblings if any, and the Bridgerton girls were next. They stood behind closed doors, straight backed and heads held high in the air, but of course not too high. The girls both had their hair in an updo, wearing small tiaras. Taking deep, steady breaths, Florence closed her eyes and thought of a feeling that made her feel as carefree as she'd ever been.

"Presented by their mother, the Right Honourable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." Florence had closed her eyes for one last breath, quickly opening them upon hearing the doors open, and plastering a light, soft smile on her face as her and Daphne walked through the crowd and to the queen.

Not breaking eye contact wit the queen once, Florence bowed and then stared at the floor, holding position until dismissed. The room was silent, and she tried very hard not to faint or vomit. She saw the queen get out of her seat, and walk towards the two of them. Feeling a gentle touch under her chin, Florence stood up and met eyes with the queen once again.

She turned her head side to side, giving her a good look over before smiling. "Flawless, my dear." The queen spoke, kissing her on the forehead. The girls backed up, bowing once again. Florence heard Daphne whisper something to their Mama, but she ignored it and kept smiling, knowing all eyes were on her.

This moment would change everything for her, and that thought was both exciting yet uncomfortable. Florence was used to falling into the background behind Daphne, but this time it was her in the spotlight.

[]

AAHHH I'm so in love with this show I can't wait for this...