𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘"

__________
𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒔 𝒖𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒔. 𝑰𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒔. 𝑨 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒕 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚.
__________

Dressed in yet another gorgeous gown, Florence and her family walked into Somerset House with their eyes twinkling in admiration at the surrounding art. On every wall stacked all the way to the ceiling, were beautiful paintings. Whilst the rest of the Bridgerton family dispersed throughout the room, Florence still stood in the doorway, taking in the scenery.

She found it hard to focus on just one piece at a time, each one aching for her to create her own story to it. Walking over to where her younger sister Eloise stood with Penelope Featherington, she caught her sister being her same old radical self — which she loved.

"— like all of these paintings, it was done by a man who sees a woman as nothing other than a decorative object." "While I absolutely agree, dear sister, you cannot deny the fact that it shows just how beautiful women are. Painted by a man or not, it seems too tell a story of how carefree humans used to be, parading around in all their naked glory and going for a swim" Florence interjected, making Eloise roll her eyes. If there was anyone who could find beauty and depth in any and everything, it was Florence.

With a small smile, Eloise left her sister to follow Penelope, who had went to speak with her mother and Marina Thompson, leaving Florence to wander around alone. As she wandered her way through the house while staring intensely at all of the art, her name was called from behind her. Turning around with curiosity, she was surprised to see Prince Friedrich, of Prussia.

"Your Highness" she curtseyed politely. "I was hoping to see you today" he smiled. "You were?"

"Yes. It seems the art is not the only beautiful thing on display at present" he told her, making her smile lightly. He was quite handsome, there was no doubt of that, but she immediately found herself disinterested in him. He was far too poise, expectedly since he was a prince after all. "Are you enjoying your time in London?"

"It has always been one of my favourite cities" he replied flatly, not a tinge of interest in his voice or even a small smile on his face. "How lovely to hear, I assume you've travelled widely?" "Have you travelled much? I think you would love the music of Vienna."

Florences eyes followed the trail of art along the walls, leading to a hallway that she so badly wanted to go explore. "Miss Bridgerton?"

"Goodness, forgive me" Florence smiled sheepishly, "I believe it is time for you to make your rounds, I'm sure all of the ladies would love to see you. Enjoy your evening, your highness" she slightly bowed her head as she began to walk past him and down the enticing hallway.

The paintings were scattered across the walls, lots of them very ominous and quite dark. The hallway lead to a small room, covered in more paintings, but with only one person in the centre of the room. Simon.

"It seems I have found your secret hiding spot" Florence lightly teased, "How come you are hiding?"

"Enjoying some culture" he responded with a small smile. Standing next to him but facing the opposite wall, Florence admired the painting of a lady laying on the floor, assuming she was dead. It was yet another dark image, but she found it so beautiful at the same time. It reminded her of her father.

"Any new reports from Lady Whistledown?" Simon questioned as he turned to face her. "Oh yes, we have her completely fooled, along with everyone else."

Florence noticed the painting she was admiring was donated by none other than Simon himself, making her turn to see what he was looking at. "Hm, this one is yours too" she observed, "this one is not like the others."

"No, it is not. The others are to my fathers taste. If Lady Danbury is to be believed, this one was a favourite of my mothers" he told her, eyes glued to the picture in front of them. "I have never understood why" he admitted. It was a beautiful painting, the beginning of a sunrise in the middle of nowhere.

"It reminds me of waking up in the country. First thing in the morning, all alone and not yet spoken to a soul, I walk outside and it's as if I am the only person in the world, but I am okay with it. I'd live the life I want, I'd get to be truly serene. All of the others are certainly grand and impressive, but this one.. this one is intimate."

Simon hung onto every word she spoke, putting himself in the scene she was describing. It was a wonderful thought, it so badly made him want to live there, in that one moment forever — with her.

Without much thought to it, Simon found his hand reaching for hers. He knew he shouldn't, but he didn't care. He wanted to touch her, feel her embrace. It was as if his body was aching for her, and he would die at any moment without feeling her. It was their first time truly alone, no chaperone or spying eyes. They didn't have to put up a charade for anyone, but that wasn't what it was.

The man who swore himself to never marry, have a family, or love someone— was falling deeply and quickly for her. Florence made him see things differently, the one that struck him the most was the painting his mother adored so much. He spent so long trying to figure out why it was her favourite, years, and Florence had figured it out with one glance.

It was simple, and he could deny it all he wanted; he was falling in love with Florence Bridgerton.

_____

: ̗̀➛ AUTHOR NOTES !

It's short i KNOW  BUT
it's the episode simon dumps daphne
and that ain't happenin ova here.... yet

I just really don't like this episode and it took way too long to write even this little bit ooops