Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own a single word of Harry Potter, unfortunately.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lily sat atop hers and James's bed, staring at the wall opposite. She had been sitting there for ages, at first pondering her increased emotional behavior – often a result of Harry's constant rejections – then, coming to a likely conclusion for her feelings, working up the courage to cast the spell she had found in her old charms book.

It was a spell she had not needed to use for a dozen years, not since she had first suspected the existence of Leo. Indeed, she was now working up the courage to cast a pregnancy revealing spell.

The wand in her hand shook the smallest amount as she directed it at her abdomen. Murmuring the incantation, she watched as a pale purple light shot out towards her. Just as it was about to be absorbed into her skin it seemed to pool around her middle, forming a little bubble. That bubble then shimmered, flickering a bit before turning pink, and Lily gasped.

A girl. She was pregnant with a little girl... and at possibly the worst time imaginable. She rested a hand over her stomach, a mix of emotions swirling within her. This, on the one hand, was something she had always dreamed of – having a little girl to pamper and dress up – but on the other hand, this little life was definitely a bit of a problem when it came to the current goings-on.

Taking a deep breath to settle the anxiety, Lily rose to go floo-call James at the ministry. To think he had just decided to start going into work again, and now he would need to come back to help her prepare. Lily shook her head and knelt before the fireplace, tossing in a handful of floo powder as she did so.

"Lily? Is something the matter?" James was crouching before the hearth in his auror office.

"No, no everything's ok. I just- I have some news."

James leaned forward in anticipation, "What is it?"

"I- Well, I've had a suspicion for a month or so, and this morning a cast a revealing charm, and, well, James, I'm pregnant."

James looked floored before a slow smile crept across his face, "Really?! Oh, Lils that's amazing!"

Lily grinned with him, "It's a girl," she said excitedly.

James was over the moon, a little girl, he could hardly speak he was so thrilled at the prospect.

Then, a shadow crossed his features, "What about Harry?"

Lily looked down, "I know, it'll be much more complicated now."

James looked determined, "It'll be okay; I'll try and work for as long as you're able to keep up and about, and then as soon as you need help, I'll come stay at Hogwarts."

Lily looked uncertain at pulling James away from his work again, but recognized it as necessary, "Okay."

James smiled, "Okay, Lily, I've got to get back to work... A little girl," he was beaming once more as his image faded away from the green flames.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The greenish light which filtered through the dorm window offered perfect ambience to the less-than-legal activities taking place within the room. Harry sat at the desk, turned to face Draco and Theo as they worked out some details of the next few months.

Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle were not present as they had obligation with certain professors at the moment, though they would be filled in later. Harry had deemed Blaise trustworthy after a series of oaths and promises, despite the Zabini family's traditionally neutral political stance.