𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

"kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

y/n sat next to finn in the car. they were on their way to the airport. neither of them talked. they just listened to the chatter of mary, eric, and nick.

Finn is going to Atlanta for the summer to film stranger things 4. y/n hates when he has to leave for work. but she knows it's important so she doesnt bother him about it.

"were here" eric called

y/n lifted her head from finns shoulder and looked into his eyes. looks like she wasnt the only one crying.

nick then leads the group into the airport.

y/n and finn were standing, hand in hand, when mary said:

"finn, honey, this is where we have to seperate"

he slowly nods and walks over to nick. the older sibling engulfs the young one into a big bear hug.

"im gonna miss you kid"

finn then gives eric a hug

then mary. she kisses his forehead before he walks away.

he then looks over to y/n. they make eye contact. finn slowly makes his way over to her as they continue staring into eachothers eyes. finn pulls her into a big hug. she burries her head into his neck as he squeezes the shorter girl.

the two seperate just enough to look into eachothers eyes. finn unwrapps his arm from around her waist and puts his hands on her cheeks. he then pulls her in for a passionate kiss. they kissed like it was the last time they would ever see each-other.

as they parted finn stared into her eyes once more.

"i love you so much" he whispered

"i love you so much more" the girl replied

"we are gonna call every night, okay. and we will text 24/7. we will be okay" he promised

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

he didnt keep the promise.

its only 2 months into his 5 months of filming and he already started to drift.

y/n sat on her bed crying. it was 12 pm on a tuesday. she should be out having fun with her friends. but she only wanted finn.

she decided to text him.
________________________________
finnlard🤺

hey babe :)
read 4 hours ago

i miss you so much.
delivered- just now
________________________________

she keeps telling herself that hes only working, but she knows for a fact he shouldve had a break by now.

----

it is now 2 am for her, 11 pm for him. still no call.

she decided she would take matters into her own hands.

now calling "finnlard🤺"....
(italics=y/n)
he picked up. but to her suprise, she heard loud music and teenagers voices. she chose to ignore it.

"hey finnie" she said in a tired voice

"what is it y/n?" finn asked in an annoyed tone.

"oh i just missed you. you havent called in 3 days"

"ya well ive been busy."

"with what?"

"filming y/n, what else"

"oh. where are you?"

"a party. with the cast"

silence. he couldve at least texted. a simple 'hey im busy lets text later' wouldve prevented yn's heartbreak.

"do you not miss me finn?" she asked.

oh how she wished she didnt ask.

"quite frankly y/n, no. youre always calling me and texting me. youre being too clingy. let a man have his space"

she felt her heart tear a bit.

"but finn you said we would call everyday. and you said we could text all the time."

"i know, but things change, y/n. i have friends other than you. i have more important priorities. youre honestly being really annoying-- texting all the time, calling... can you just please just leave me alone."

her heart hurts. bad.

"o-okay. im sorry for bothering you, finn. i guess we'll talk another time. i lov-"

she was cut off by finn

"k bye." he said bluntly.

then he hung up.

she put down the phone as tears started to flood her e/c eyes.

now she started to sob. she felt pain she has never felt before. sometimes he would be distant, but he was never like this. he never said anything like that to her face. finn was really the only person - other than her family - that she talked to. she figured he was all she needed.

she sat on her bed crying. her knees were in her chest and her arms were around her legs. she sobbed with her forehead on her kneecaps.

she decided to shuffle her lana playlist. the song "summertime sadness" started playing.

halfway into the song, she started actually listening to the lyrics.

kiss me hard before you go-

she smiled at the line, remembering their kiss at the airport.

summertime sadness.

then she completely sobbed. the background music didn't help either. the powerful tune just made her want to cry even more.

i got that summertime- summertime sadness oh, oh-oh oh-oh.

she then laid her head down on her pillow- continuing to cry, just listening to the song that she related to so well, but in the worst way possible.

Think I'll miss you forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never-
Even if you're gone

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
lol sry this isnt fluff hshahshdjsnjsbsjs
k guys i think im going to start basing some imagines on songs❤️ idcidc. also pls dont attak me and make fun of me for using lanas most mainstream song. it just popped into my head😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 anyway