Masquerade Ball

13 hours later...

Felix hadn't slept a wink on the plane.

He knew that his family went out on events, but this was nuts. He could have continued to bicker about not going, and stayed at home, but he knew his mother wouldn't hear of it. During the ride, his mind was mostly on the recent events of what that vial did to him, and the man he 'accidentally' murdered. Sadly, he couldn't find the vial anywhere in his room, and was questioning who had put it there in the first place, and why.

To make matters worse, Adrien had followed along on the trip; said something about keeping the children from injuring themselves. The man in question decided to wear a summer's getup of blues and beige, as if he was going to hit the beach as soon as they landed. His blonde hair was always tied in a low ponytail, and he never took off his glasses, from what Felix gathered. When given the chance, Felix stole looks towards Adrien, who would look up just in time to catch the boy's curious red eyes.

A smirk would be given, which gave Felix the notion to leave the man alone. The last thing he needed was Adrien bothering him. Check-ups might be more frequent, since they will be dealing with a more heated climate. Felix was used to the heat, but was in love with cold weather. Winter was more his scene, and summer only made him sluggish and less-active. What a night this was going to be.

It was already late in the evening, once the family got off of the plane, and headed towards their designated driver. This place was like Las Vegas or Hollywood, except in the middle of the ocean. All you could see were a bunch of rich folks walking around with pets and their belongings. The bright lights didn't do Felix any good, it only made the growing headache bigger. His mother mentioned that he should rest once they get to their destination.

The family had taken their ride from a friend to their own penthouse. All of them were astounded at the luxury they were given. All of them had rooms to themselves, which meant they could finally have some time alone to themselves. Felix took the initiative to lock himself in his room to take a long hot bath and then go to bed.

While he did so, the family left him with Adrien while they went to take in the sights of the Islands' many famous attractions, and even ran into several Celebrities as well. They also went out to eat, and heard many stories about the Celebrities' influence on the Summer Island's large businesses.

With the family out having some fun, this was the perfect opportunity for Adrien to continue his undercover work. He may not be at the Facility with the other patients, but that didn't mean his work didn't go unsupervised. He made haste by taking a cup of a cold beverage towards his private bedroom. With a push of a bright blue button, Adrien watched as a secret passageway opened within the walls of his small closet. It revealed a large lab behind it, completed with many screens, panels, and buttons. The images that popped up on the screens were of Felix. This would be the base of his first few experiments.

~~

Later on, the family returned, all of them chattering about the night's events full of fun. They met Adrien in the kitchen, with no Felix in sight.

"Where's Felix?" Roni asks, watching Adrien drink his cold tea.

"He's upstairs preparing to go," the Doctor replied, motioning to the stairs.

"Well, that's grand. We need to hurry if we want to get to the party on time."

Felix finally made his way downwards to see the rest of the family waiting for him. It took him awhile to figure out what he was going to wear, once he was awakened by Adrien, who gave him a quick check-up. Even though Felix didn't feel up to having another physical, Adrien insisted, just in case things got out of hand....whatever that meant.