Daily Check-Up

The echoing sounds of footsteps reverberated off the thick walls of the West Wing hallway.

Adrien was on his way to check on his patients, before he left for the afternoon. Alpine Industries had strict policies to make sure everyone and everything in the building was secure. Adrien knew the protocol, so he didn't need to be told twice. Tonight, he wore his usual lab coat and glasses, long brown pants and black shoes. His long blonde hair was tied in a low ponytail, and he held a clipboard in his hand that held the records of the recent patient he had been keeping tabs on.

There was a large lab that Adrien worked in called, Lab Section - W4. It held giant cylinders, beeping machines and a lot of computer screens. As Adrien walked in with confidence, he greeted his other comrades who were busy keeping their eyes on the screens.

"Alright, Royce, what have you got for me?" he asks, placing the clipboard down upon one of the desks.

Royce was the Assistant Manager for Section W4, and had overseen most of the patient's progress. He was also wearing a lab coat, navy blue working pants and dark shoes on his feet. His red hair was short and curved in a way that made him look younger, and if it wasn't that, it was his pretty green eyes and pearly white smile that made the girls swoon.

As Royce began to explain the progress so far, Adrien examined the wave-lengths of their patients' heart rate. Walking away from the desk as Royce continued his chatter, Adrien's eyes scanned over the many beings that sat in the cylinder-like chambers.

Their bodies floated in a light blue liquid that kept their skin from aging. While they may have looked human, they had heavy side effects from a potion that they had been given once so often. Some parts of their bodies reacted to such a potion, and had turned into something inhumanly impossible. Their hair was long and dark, and their skin clammed up with scales or bulging veins. The lower half would either be part of a sea creature or an animal of some kind. Adrien couldn't really tell at this point.

"We're still working on the aspects of their actions, so putting them through training would be ideal, " Royce concluded, gathering up his papers and placing them into a black mila folder.

"Thank you for the report, Royce," Adrien spoke gently, nodding with approval.

Even with Royce being the Assistant Manager, Adrien was at a higher rank than he was, and he trusted Royce's judgement.

"Send the report to my Office. I'll be leaving early today."

Royce raised a curious eyebrow of this. "Who gave the permission?"

"The Boss, of course. I told him that there is an experiment of my own that I'll be seeing through, so I won't be around for awhile." He picked up his clipboard, took a picture of the report he had worked on earlier, and began to gather his things.

"You're taking an early retirement?"

"Something along the lines, but I'll still need the reports every other week, while I'm off doing what's needed."

Royce nodded, not quite sure what to think, but nonetheless, knew how to do his job. "Of course, sir. I'll make sure the reports are sent to you, personally."

Taking off his lab coat, Adrien hung it up in the locker room, now showing off a long-sleeved brown sweater, with his brown pants and a normal pair of black shoes. He grabbed his keys, wallet, and pulled on another pair of glasses, placing his work ones in his locker. Once locked up tight, he bid the others a good day, and left the facility as fast he could caper.

Once he made it to his car, he rode to Edison's mansion, wanting to check on their new arrival, Felix Edison.

~~