A Small Gift

At Kion's Academy, everyone was expected to play their unspoken roles. As some would have it, everyone was labeled in groups, a silent name for those who didn't know any better. It was like everywhere you went, someone was labeled just by their appearances or personality alone. If you were a cheerleader, you hung out with the boys who were on sports teams. If you were a nerd, you hung out with the geeks at the library or in a basement somewhere. Typical school logic.

But for Felix, it was just another school day where you were given tests to show off your knowledge, and forced to work with others.

Today wouldn't be any different.

As English class was being dismissed, and the students filed out, Felix made sure to write down tomorrow's homework assignment. Today he wore his signature black turtleneck that had his name imprinted on it, a pair of black jeans, red socks, and comfy walking shoes. His dark hair highlighted with red, was combed neatly, while his red eyes hid behind special eyeglasses.

The homework assigned wouldn't be hard, since he enjoyed using words at any given time, especially if it was written work that needed to be done.

He didn't know what it was about the English language that made him love it so much. Was it the words he could use or their meanings that made them so wonderful? Mr. Da Ville, the English teacher, did mention to Felix that he was quite impressed with the boy's incredible vocab and bright mind. Being in 12th grade wasn't that challenging to Felix, and yet, he enjoyed a good challenge once in a while..

"You know, with the way you write your journal entries, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up as an Author one day," Mr. Da Ville grinned, handing Felix back his black composition notebook.

Felix beamed at the compliment. "Thank you, sir. I just write whatever comes to mind, and take the story wherever it'll lead me."

"Well, hopefully it'll lead you to success. You have talent and potential, don't let anyone tell you different. Keep it up." Felix received a small pat on his shoulder.

Felix couldn't feel more proud to get such compliments from his English Teacher. It was great to get them from his mother, but there was just something more appealing to hear from others who weren't related to him.

Giving a nod, Felix took his notebook from Mr. Da Ville, who turned back to his desk to help another student. One of the students threw an eraser in Felix's direction. Instead of hitting its target, Felix quickly caught it in mid-air, and turned his unamused gaze towards the suspect. Catching the green eyes of a jock named Tyler, smirking at him, Felix pulled his glasses back upon his nose, and placed the eraser on a random desk. He didn't have time for jealousy. If Tyler wanted the teacher's attention, he should give a better performance.

Leaving without another word with his backpack, his feet took him down the hallway where he was headed towards the second floor. He needed to visit the library to return a book. It wasn't due for him to bring it back yet, but since he's finished it already, why wait to return it?

Kion's library ran a Bookworm Program for those with great minds that wanted nothing more than to fill their fantasies by reading as many books as possible. Thanks to his parents' connection with the school, Felix could use the library whenever he wished. This was because they could afford the Library's Bookworm Program that was paid yearly for students who were interested in keeping tabs on the books they could take out. Also, they could stay behind in the library in case they had extra homework to complete. It helped many students who stressed over notes they needed, or tests or quizzes they had to prepare for. Tutors were also issued on schedules to help these students, so that they can excel in their classes.