Beauty Chibi! (Part 1)

A glistening sun slowly created over the mystic green hills that bordered Binan High School. Scattered around the school's courtyard were the dozens of booths and tents all gathered for the same uniting reason. Our beloved somber philosopher and hyperactive PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants) wannabe walked alongside the other, practically conjoined at the hip.

Rokuro peeked around somewhat enthusiastically, intrigued with the dozens of clubs he could join just to hop around from one to another, while Kichiro was considering wandering off to find something to actually do... but he had promised Rokuro that they would spend the day together alone looking at the clubs, so he stayed put.

Kichiro shoves his hands in his jacket pockets and asks Rokuro "See any clubs that sound cool?"

Rokuro nodded and smiled softly down at Kichiro with a rarely-seen smile. His voice grew slightly louder and more joyful than his usual lazy tone "All of them seem so interesting, I wish I could be in more than two clubs..."

Kichiro smiled seeing Rokuro so happy for once. It was like seeing a... something that's rare and happy. Kichiro scratched his head before asking in a puzzled manner "I thought you were in twelve clubs before?"

Rokuro nodded and agreed "I was but the student council has been cracking down on club-hoppers and really small clubs... it was really hard but I chose my two favorites. They said that they're going to close the Psychology Club soon if we don't get another member by the end of the club fair." He soon lost his smile, realizing that his own club which he built from the ground up might soon be closed.

Kichiro thought to himself for a moment. A light lit up in his head "Wait, what if I join the club? Then your club would be safe! Plus we could hang out on Thursdays after school!"

Rokuro shook his head somberly and responded softly "As much as I appreciate the thought, you wouldn't be able to. You're already in two clubs, remember? The Earth Defense Club and the Recycling Club... I would ask the others but freshmen can only join one club, which rules out Eun; Hideaki just got accepted into the Art Club, and Tadashi has Idol practice after school. Keichi suggested we could protest the closing or threaten violence but I don't really think that would help."

Kichiro thought for another moment before a confident grin crossed his lips "What if we did?"

Rokuro raised a brow and shivered as he asked, genuinely scared of Kichiro's reply "How would  threatening the student council help our club?! That would just get it cancelled even faster!"

Kichiro quickly shook his head and corrected Rokuro's assumption "No, no, I mean what if we found you four an extra club member? The Club Fair's the perfect place to find people to join your club!"

Rokuro smiled down at Kichiro "You would really help us find a fourth club member that would be-"

(Abrupt scene transition to the Psychology Club room)

"Horrible! How are we supposed to get club member by the end of the day?!" Susumu shouted as he read out the notice that the club had received whilst Rokuro was out.

Keichi tried to sound stressed and nervous but as usual, he couldn't bring himself to express the average plebeian's level of emotion "What do we do? Should we go get Rokuro?"

The glimmering violet bird, Xiliyion, swooped down the top of the bookshelf that was lazily crammed into the storage-room-turned-club-room and perched himself upon Susumu's shoulder. He cooed to the miniature club "I recommend against doing so. I might have just the idea for my young masters to induct a fifth member."

The three turned to face the owl. Xiliyion continued his advice "Just use your Peaceful Sorcerer abilities to persuade someone into joining your club. You could use this as well to gain a slight advantage over that mysterious enemy. With a fourth member in Project Peace we could easily overpower them and allow peace to spread throughout the world!"

Yu rolled his eyes at the statement and leaned back on the stack of tables he was sitting on. He skeptically questioned "Why would we use our powers? We agreed that we'd only use them to spread peace."

Xiliyion fluttered over to Yu and slyly responded "You could use this as well to gain a slight advantage over that mysterious enemy."

Keichi shook his head before adjusting his glasses beneath his mask. Keichi cautiously questioned Xiliyion's idea "How could adding a fourth person suddenly overpower that group? And even then, if it does help, that isn't a good enough reason to abuse our powers in such a fashion."

Xiliyion spun his head back to face Keichi and spoke with his usual calm silver tongue "With a a fourth member in Project Peace we could easily overpower them and allow peace to spread throughout the world! All we would need to do is persuade them through-"

Before the feathered prince could continue explaining his plan, Susumu slammed his fist down on the desk, instantly demanding the attention of the group.

Susumu slowly turned his attention to Xiliyion.

Despite wearing a full mask covering Susumu's expressions, the prince could feel his piercing gaze on his matted feathers. Susumu let out a low growl trying to calm himself "We're not going to abuse our powers, that is not what Project Peace advocates. If we're going to get a new club member then we'll do it the old fashioned way. We can just use the club fair."

Xiliyion restrained himself from snarling as he flew over to perch on Susumu's shoulder "My apologies, my young master. I should have ceased upon Master Bodi's reply. I can assure you my only wish is to assist in the fight for peace."

Susumu gently petted the feathers on Xiliyion head, causing a bit of the grease from the owl's deaths to get on his fingers. He sighed softly "I understand, you're forgiven... now... let's go find us a new... member."