Christmas Party

SONNY was officially embarrassed

His girlfriend was not the best at keeping promises, but unfortunately she made one to him last night. She claimed that she was going to attend his Christmas Party, and one hour in, she still was not present. Sonny texted, called, but never got an answer. Joanna was known for being late, and she has been late before, but she had never been an hour late before to anything with Sonny.

He caught a glimpse of the bored facial expressions of his friends in the living room. Sonny furrowed his eyebrows. He pulled out his phone and looked at it once more. 

No notifications.

Sonny released a huff in frustration. If she ever showed up, he knew that he was going to give her a piece of his mind. In the middle of his thoughts, Sonny snapped his eyes over his shoulder as he heard the front door open. Sonny jumped up to his feet as he saw that his girlfriend had finally arrived.

"Sorry sorry sorry," The late woman apologized repeatedly. "There was such bad traffic, and it took me absolutely forever to get here."

In reality, Joanna had completely spaced out and forgotten about the party. If it wasn't for her older brother reminding her that Sonny invited her, she never would have showed up. Luckily, her older brother cares about her and made sure that she knew. Joanna hung her coat up on the hook before she was embraced by her loving boyfriend.

"You might be late, but I still love you very much."

Sonny sent kisses up and down her neck, causing the youngest boy there exclaim his disgust. Sonny pulled away and offered her a gentle smile. He couldn't be mad at her. She was too adorable. Joanna kissed him on the cheek. Sonny slid his hand into hers and led her into the living room.

"These presents are wrapped so beautifully babe!" Joanna exclaimed, sitting down on the couch. Sonny sat down to her right. "I wonder which one is mine."

"We'll get to that, but first, I'm going to grab some cookies," Sonny said, running his fingers through his girlfriend's hair. "Would you like any cookies honey?"

Joanna politely declined. Sonny nodded and headed into the kitchen, only to be followed by his other two friends. Joanna had to admit, although she was at a party with her boyfriend, she couldn't help but lust after his best friend, Keaton. Keaton had always caught her eyes every time they hang out. She feels like he feels the same way, but he's just trying to keep it secret.

She wouldn't want to hurt her boyfriend, and Keaton wouldn't want to hurt his best friend. Joanna did grab a bite before she arrived, which was part of the reason behind why she wasn't hungry. She held her stomach as she felt it grumble. Not because she was hungry, but because something did feel right. Joanna blinked a few times before she passed out on the couch.

> < > < > <

Joanna blinked herself awake, seeing that she was laid out on the couch. The thing was, the couch was ten times bigger than when she fell asleep. Instead of her legs hanging off the edge, she wasn't even tall enough to reach the end of the cushion. She scrambled up to her feet, patting herself from head to toe. Her eyes widened in fear. She shrunk! She seemed to be the size of a bug for all she knew.

All of a sudden, multiple quakes had shaken her ground. She immediately lost balance and fell onto the soft surface. The quakes kept coming in a pattern, which instantly connected inside Joanna's head. It was footsteps, and they were the footsteps of her boyfriend and his two friends.

"I know you didn't want any cookies but—" Sonny paused as he saw that the room was empty, but what he didn't see was his tiny girlfriend screaming for his attention from the couch. "Babe? Where did she go?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to need another one of those," Keaton called out, brushing past his best friend, swiping another cookie off the plate. "These are too good to waste."

It was as if a ginormous gust of wind had hit her as she watched her Sonny's giant best friend throw himself into the cushion right beside her. Joanna was in the worst spot possible. The middle seat. Joanna was launched into the air from Keaton sitting down so harshly. She shrieked in fear as she was plummeting back down toward the cushion.

She bounced a few times as she landed. She knew that her landing was soft, but still being thrown in the air so high was terrifying. She felt her ground tremble as Sonny placed down the plate of cookies on the coffee table that was set in front of the couch. Joanna snapped her eyes to the left where a giant Keaton was munching on his cookie above her.

She raised her eyes to see tiny crumbs fall from his mouth as he ate. The crumbles that were falling were even bigger than she was. Joanna fell straight back down as she felt someone else sit on the other side of her, but this time, she wasn't launched into the air. She stumbled a little bit, but was able to maintain her balance.

She turned her head to the right. She instantly recognized the clothing of the guy, and knew that it was the youngest friend that Sonny had, it was Keyon.

"I knew that we shouldn't have invited her," Keyon mentioned, his voice booming through the air. Her heart dropped. "She shows up an hour late, and then she vanishes as soon as we go and do something. Joanna obviously didn't want to here."

"That's not true, she told me she was excited," Sonny said, making his way to the middle cushion, where Joanna was begging for her boyfriend to see her. "I don't know where she went, but we can't open the presents until she comes back."

Keaton swung his eyes over to his best friend. "Well...When will she be back?"

Sonny sighed. "Um, I'm not sure."

"Whatever man, just sit down and we'll watch a movie until she gets back," Keaton said, patting the cushion beside him, inches away from nearly crushing tiny Joanna. "We can watch whatever you'd like."

"If Joanna doesn't show up by the end of the movie, I say we call it and open the presents," Keyon suggested, adjusting his position on the couch. "We don't want to wait for her forever, you know?"

"I guess you're right."

Joanna swallowed dryly as she saw the figure of her giant boyfriend's butt descend down toward her. She screamed one last time before falling into a pit of darkness. She was knocked down to the floor and was sat upon by Sonny. Her bones crushed the second he placed the pressure on her. Sonny didn't hear a thing nor did he feel a thing because his two friends were talking to him. 

"I just hope that Joanna is alright," Sonny said, twisting himself deeper into the seat, crushing Joanna even further into the cushion. "I wouldn't want anything bad happening to her."

"She's a tough girl," Keaton said with a nonchalant shrug. "I'm sure she's fine."

Sonny had unknowingly crushed his girlfriend beneath his butt. In the irony, his butt was her favorite thing about him.