ten

Camila sat on her own bed, alone, and annoyed. Her eyes shutting on their own as she heard her own parents screaming at each other downstairs. Her little sister wasn't home to hear, thankfully; Camila hated it when they argued in front of the eight year old. She heard the door slam and her mom scream angrily causing her eyes to open up once more. She looked around her half empty room, it was getting close to the day she'd have to leave for college.

She still hadn't figured out all the details to her upcoming departure, she truly didn't know if Y/N would muster up enough energy to get through the plane ride. Let alone move all of their belongings into the dorm they'd be living in. Of course Camila wanted her lover to follow in pursuit but the most logical thing was to focus on her treatment. Everything was already started here and they knew the most information about her illness. Why leave just to be with one person? Camila wanted Y/N to put herself and her disease first.

The distant cries in her mother's room broke her out of her haze and she took a deep breath. There was too much to think of, not enough talking anymore, it was always just a head full of thoughts. She didn't wanna walk the line any longer, afraid she'll say the wrong thing or bring out an indifferent reaction she didn't mean for. Might as well just keep it to myself, she thought frequently. She then picked up her body to get up and going, she had to keep moving. The only safe haven she could actually be in was Y/N's room and even then it was sometimes tarnished.

The memories of her spitting blood and vomit against the wall in such a horrific manner would stick with her until she died. But even through it all Y/N still had a light to her that had Camila rushing back to her twenty four seven. Camila's heart ached for her best friend every second of the day and she wanted to spend every moment with her. God that's all she wanted... Y/N and her entirety. It didn't matter if this disease was physically killing her, Camila needed to be there for her own sanity. She couldn't be away from her.

"Fuck." She whispered to herself knowing there was a huge chance Y/N wouldn't go to school with her.

The split thought entered her mind that if she left... then something would happen to Y/N without her being there. She quickly tried to think of anything else to get rid of the immediate heartache she felt spread throughout her body. Her body lifted itself down the stairs to start its journey to the only place she felt truly at home, Y/N. Her mother's cries to be heard from her own room down the short hall. Camila didn't wanna leave her mom and dad to have them argue so much her sister would eventually be put in her shoes.

The reoccurring thought popped up once again and she just looked down at her shoes that were making their way out of her house. What if she just stayed here? With Y/N... with her sister. It'd be easier. So much easier. The thought always put a heavy weight on her chest and an eased mind. It had to be talked about and it was getting too close to the date where she needed to make a decision. It was now. No more time wasted.

-

Camila made her way into the Y/L/N home like anytime before as if it was hers, it truly was her second home. She greeted the family dog with a good scratch and a kiss on the head just to wave at Y/N's dad who was sitting in the living room. It was such a different atmosphere compared to the one in her own house. She just wanted to see Y/N. So, as she rounded the corner to start walking up the stairs she heard a small thump from one of the rooms. Then a grunt followed by another thump and Camila frowned in confusion.

The soft grunting becoming much more audible with each step Camila took up the stairs of Y/N's house. Her confusion grew along with the tightness in her chest, she really didn't wanna walk into another horrific sight. The instant replay of the dark blood swirling in Y/N's mouth as she struggled to breathe had Camila so hesitant to keep moving forward. It was insane how fast her mind could convince herself it was something that it might not be. She knew she had to keep it going, she wanted to be there if it was or wasn't bad. It was gonna be okay.