seven

"You know it's okay if you don't wanna tag along. I'll be fine."

Y/N and her parents piled in their vehicle in which Camila had followed, right next to Y/N in the backseat.

"Stop that, I'm gonna be there every step of the way. Whatever you go through, I go through." Camila rested her hand on Y/N's knee and the taller girl just looked at her.

"Don't let my mom see you do that." Y/N muttered, shying away from a smile knowing her mom was very much so aware of their newfound relationship.

"I'm just trying to be supportive." Camila rolled her eyes as she took her hand away and looked at Y/N's parents up front.

They were already backing out and driving down the street with the local pop radio station playing lowly. Their conversation was limited; spoke about the weather to an old neighbor they drove by. Y/N on the other hand was silent which was highly unusual for her. Camila knew she was thinking everything over, she knew she might be feeling a little overwhelmed. Camila couldn't do anything but just be there and care for her- which she hated. Camila eyed the way Y/N was nonstop fiddling with her hands while she stared out the window.

That was until Camila cut in and interlocked her fingers with Y/N's closest hand. Y/N's eyes left the window to look into Camila's and a little grateful smile graced her lips. Camila squeezed her hand lightly before looking out the window herself while Y/N continued to trail her eyes over her friend's features. So much she wanted to say... the only thing that was stopping her was that her parents would hear. She wasn't ready for that sort of embarrassment just yet- or ever, really.

"Thank you." Y/N simply said but what Camila didn't know was that it held a lot more meaning to it.

"No need."

_

Arriving to the hospital was no hassle but when they started the process of getting Y/N ready it took a bit. Luckily they showed up a couple hours early cause she was taken to get a blood sample to determine the dose of the main treatment or other medication she'd get. She then had an IV placed in her arm before a physical exam. Her doctors and nurse showed up for another rundown of what might happen during and after the first round of treatment. Y/N wondered if this would be routine... all of the checking in, and getting stabbed with needles.

She still remained very quiet which Camila felt as if she was the only one who could notice. The one thing that bummed Y/N out was that there could only be one other person in the room with her other than the nurse. Camila felt as if it should've been one of Y/N's parents but Y/N's eyes only locked on hers when it was brought up.

"It's a time to wind down and relax." The nurse inputed and Camila didn't know if she'd be the right fit for winding down.

Camila always had Y/N laughing herself off a chair... or coughing up a lung.

"Mom or dad?" The nurse asked once again with a gentle tone and Y/N scratched her eyebrow.

"Can I have Mila?" Y/N sheepishly mumbled to her parents and they stood back with an immediate nod.

"Yeah! Of course, baby, whatever gets you through it. Just message or call us if you need anything." Her mom waved her daughter off as she tried to give her some space.

Y/N was a little taken back with how easy that was and wondered what else she could get away with.

"We'll be out front, kiddo." Her dad tried to stay cool as possible and leaned in to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Me? Oh, me? What have I done to deserve such honor?" Camila gasped in a jokingly manner causing Y/N to giggle and nudge her.

"Be quiet." She laughed lowly and ended up walking into the transfusion room with Camila behind her.