three

"I don't know about you but that movie was absolutely garbage." Y/N scoffed out as she threw her drink in the trash can outside we the theater.

"What? I thought it was pretty
good." Camila replied as she tried to walk as closely to Y/N as she could.

"I mean of course you did, you love anything that's... boy meets girl, boy loves girl, boy too bad for girl- yada yada."

"It's not a freakin' robot movie." Camila retorted and Y/N's laugh echoed around the parking lot once they exited the theater.

"Might as well be! They're literally all the same- what? You don't think so? That movie had the same plot as every other teen drama for the past twenty years." Y/N striked up a debate and Camila tried her best to rack her brain on how to defend herself.

"It's..." Camila had no words and Y/N had to stop walking just to look at her friend.

"It's still nice! If you knew it was gonna be garbage then why'd you buy the tickets?" Camila grew irritable and Y/NN smirked cutely at her.

"Because you smiled when I suggested it." She simply replied and Camila wanted to melt in her hold.

"I hate you." Camila mumbled with her eyes staring right into her friends'.

But Y/NN giggled softly and unlocked the vehicle Camila let her drive. When Camila watched her get in the car she looked up at the dark sky and silently pleaded to whatever God that was up there to give her the strength.

"Don't even get me started on the fact that almost literally all of those cheesy movies are all straight people. I might like one if the two main characters were two girls but that's on me." Y/N cleared her throat and started up the engine while she waited until Camila put her seatbelt on.

"Yeah, you're right, I guess." Camila just mumbled and soon enough they both were driving down the streets of their town.

Hearts in sync, radio low, and the soft gazes they kept stealing from each other. They were bored teenagers, of course they were gonna start driving around mindlessly. Camila cracked open the window despite having her hair immediately start flapping around- she loved it. The slight breeze slipping through to calm her anxious body. She really loved the warmth that Y/NN gave her though. It was one of a kind.

Graduation was tomorrow and no one had really said anything about it. Obviously they were stoked for high school to be over but the future had scared the living shit out of Camila. She didn't wanna make a small mistake and fuck up the rest of her life. She was afraid of ending up alone or just hating herself or just hating what her life would become.

Y/N had an idea that Camila was so nervous of what was to come but they never really spoke about it. They just knew that they were gonna do it together. Y/N had vowed to herself to stay with Camila as long as she could. Camila was her everything and if Camila hated what was gonna happen, she did too. No buts about it. They were a duo. If not, they were one. Together they were one person.

"I'm kinda scared." Camila disrupted the calming silence between them.

"What for?" Y/N mumbled with a quick but soft glance.

"I dunno." Camila replied even though she knew why she was afraid.

There was no more excuses in the way anymore, they were no longer high school students. They weren't just teenagers. They were full fledge adults now. The idea of having all the pressure put on one's shoulder because of their age. The expectation that you need to know what you wanna be or become within a short amount of time. All because of a number. Your own age. It was scary.