Chapter 1 | Strangers

Your POV
I was walking down the London streets to get to my first day of work. (A/N you work on retail) I went inside the store and went to the counter while my co-workers open the store.
I was there for hours without any customers and I was getting bored since I left my phone in the storage room.
Finally the store door swings open with a blue hooded man with no eyes? walking in and took a vodka from the aisle. He walks towards my counter.
"Hello I'm (y/n)! How may I help you today?" I said and he puts the vodka in front of me. "I haven't seen you around here, you new here?" He said as I nodded. "Tom! Back with another fine Smirnoff today?" One of my co-workers said from their counter as i turned my head to them. "Oh hey Brandon! Yes I do!" The blue hooded man replied to him. I guess he's one of the store's valued customers. I turned back to him while checking out the vodka and opened my cash register and he immediately gave me the money. I flinched a bit when he did that. I was about to put the bottle in the paper bag until he said something, "no need putting it in the bag, I can take it" he said as he took the bottle and went out the store. He was cute... wait snap yourself out (y/n)! It was just a random guy! I said to myself in my thoughts. One of our co-workers was done stacking up a pile of cans and sat next to my counter to rest. "Uhh hi?" I said. "Oh hey you must be that new person, (y/n) right?" She asked. "Yes nice meeting you uhh..." I replied starting to ask. "Amelia but you can call me Amy" she said as she puts out her hand and I shook her hand.

Weeks went by and that blue hooded guy named Tom always comes in the store every 2 days. We barely new each other while he was good friends with my co-workers. *sigh* I wish he can hang out with me, he always exits the store every time he buys something.

It was lunch break and me and Amelia went to the back of the store to eat.

"So (y/n) I've noticed you blush every time Tom walks in and buys something" She said. "What? Pfff- no, FYI I don't blush" I said clearly lying. "Ooooh you like him don't you"she said with a fangirling kind of smile. I was a blushing mess and looked away continously eating my sandwich. "You should go know him more" Amelia said. "R-really? But what if he doesn't like me? I can be annoying sometimes..." I replied to her as I frown.
"Well he is coming here today, I can put all the Smirnoff in the storage room for him to wait" She said. "Well umm... Do you think this is gonna work?" I asked.
"I'm not sure but we can give it a try" she answered with a smile.

We go back inside the store while Amy took all the vodka in two shopping carts and took them to the storage room. Tom walks in walking to the aisle. He then went to my counter. "Uhh why is there no drinks in the aisle?" He asked. "Oh umm.. They were sold out because.... uhh... there were people who needed them to a uhh- Party" I replied to him awkwardly. "Uhh okay, I should be going then" he said. "Wait!" I said as he turned around. "There are still more in the back I should go get them" i said as he stood there. I was about to walk but Amelia blocked me. "Oh don't worry I can get it for you (y/n)" she said as she winked at me. There was awkward silence between me and Tom until he broke it. "So you're (y/n) right?" He asked me. "Yes and you are a no eyed person talking to me" I said trying to make a joke. "Uhhmm.. okay?" He replied. Oh shoot I messed up Aaaaaaaaaah!. I was panicking in my thoughts not noticing I was blushing.

Tom's POV
I waved my hands in front of her face while she snapped out. "Umm why is your friend taking so long" I asked. "Uhhhh... uhhhhh.." she was a blushing mess as she turned her head from left to right looking around.

Your POV
I was looking around awkwardly and saw Amy in the corner hiding. I gave her a signal to stop and she giggled. I made a serious face and she nodded and gave the fangirl smile.
Amy went to me and Tom handing him the vodka. "Sorry I was taking so long, there was a raccoon I had to take care of" she acted looking at me and I played along. "Oh thats okay" I said while she walked away. I looked back at Tom as he hands me the bottle. I accidentally touched his hand while he hands the bottle and I blushed again. I can feel my heart pumping because of the awkwardness... I then gave him the bottle as he pays for the Smirnoff and walks off. Shit wtf aaaaaaaaahh! I panicked again. I was about to put the money in the cash register sorting the money. I then notice a piece of paper between the bills. It was a phone number with the words 'Call Me' on the top.
I was confused yet excited.
Amy went next to me and I immediately turned to her then she flinched. I smiled so wide that she was super confused. "Why are you smiling? Didn't you fail?" She said. "Guess who got his number" I said with a childish tone as I tried showing off the paper in front of her. She was fangirling again as I hugged her. "Eeeeeeeeee" we both said in unison. As we continued working.

Tom's POV
I went back home with my bottle of vodka with me. Wow (y/n) was so cute.(A/N shit im cringing rn). I wish we could know each other better. I think she liked me back? I hope she doesn't think that I think that she's weird. She's cool. I said in my thoughts while opening the door.

-------------------------------------------
A/N I hope you like my cringe Tom x reader story!

1088 words in total