Bus

"Oh for god's sake. Just sit here then." Sherlock said with a strong tone of annoyance in his voice.
The boy ran to the seat that was being offered to him, uttering his utmost apologies and gratitude.

"Um, I'm John. John Watson." He uttered once he was sat down, offering a quavering hand.
"I know." Sherlock mumbled in his baritone voice.
"I'm sorry?"
"I said 'I know'" he spat out like the words were poisonous.
The boy looked scared, but since when did Sherlock care about other children?

"There is no point telling me about yourself. I know everything already" he uttered, trying to avoid any attempt at conversation from the boy sitting next to him.
"What do you mean, you know everything? I've never even talked to you before." John asked, confused.

"I mean, I can tell you are studying to become a doctor, have an abusive father and come from a poor background. Do I need to know anything else?" He said, the words falling off his tongue with ease.
"How could you possibly know all of that?" John questioned, every inch of his face showing signs of confusion.

Sherlock drew a long sigh. He didn't want to have to do this today. He hated being humiliated for his talent.
"I can see by the reading material you have chosen today that you are passionate about biology and it is the most important subject for you. Most likely scenario is that you are studying to become a doctor. There are several bruises under the collar of your shirt in the shape of a hand. No accident there. Evidently the result of an abusive family member. The finger marks are too thick and stubby to be a woman's hand, and to large to be a child's. Most likely abusive father. There is irritation on your neck, under the collar of your jumper. This is because you have just bought it, but the jumper itself isn't new. There are loose pieces of yarn here and there, and quite frankly needs a good wash. Most likely bought recently at a charity shop. Am I wrong?"

The light haired boy just sat there like a deer in headlights.
"Well?" Sherlock added.
"That was... Incredible" he said, flabbergasted.

Sherlock definitely didn't expect that.
"Really?" he asked, surprised.
"Yes. Absolutely... amazing" John uttered, an astonished look on his face.
"That's not what people normally say" Sherlock said, turning to stare out the window.
"What do people normally say?" He asked.
"Piss off"

After a moment of silence, they turned to face one another and before they knew it they were in a fit of giggles.