chapter 1.

{sages Pov}

I woke up to a hand rubbing my back gently repeating it was time to get up for work. I rubbed my eyes as a joy full voice said "morning sage!" as soon as i heard the words i knew it was Paul, my roommate. Paul had always been there for me, when i almost killed myself he was there, when i had a bad drug addiction Paul was there, when i slit my wrist Paul was there. i thought to myself how much i didn't deserve him. i spaced out while thinking about it, Paul lightly tapped on my shoulder. I came back into reality and apologized over and over until Paul flicked me on shoulder, sighed and said "sage.. its okay really you don't need to apologize for something you don't need too apologize for." i nodded my head and said "i should get ready for work i'm going to be late.." Paul shook his head and gave me a hug before leaving.

i threw on a black skirt and a baggy worn out grateful dead tee-shirt. i didn't care about the cut scars on my thighs and wrist, it would sting when i put makeup over them so no one could see them. they were all old cuts anyways. as i got my purse and the key for my shops door i hugged Paul and said "i'll be back as soon as my shift ends so maybe like at 3 pm?" Paul nodded his head as i walked out the door letting the wind hit my face as i rushed to my car.

when i got in the shop i smelt the coffee from the previous day, i turned on all the lights and started to open up the shop, after what felt like forever it was my lunch break i walked to the gas station next to the coffee shop where i worked. i walked in to grab a pack of cigarettes knowing no one approved of me smoking, picked up a coke and walked to the cashier and when i saw the cashier my jaw almost dropped.

he was so pale he looked sick, his long hair with two red striped and the rest of it black, he wore converse and the most worn out jeans with a mayhem tee shirt. fucking mayhem. i struck up a conversation i told him my name and asked him how he was. he looked down more and said "my names joey, my best friend lives with a girl named sage." i thought to myself "holy shit was this the actually joey that my roommate always talked about?!" my words slipped out of my mouth as i said "holy shit your best friend is Paul right?" as i smacked my hand over my mouth as he said "yea." i was embarrassed and said "i'm never home when you are over but its nice to meet you, whats my total again?" he replied with "three dollars." i handed him the money and waved goodbye. i decided to close the shop early and headed home.

what the fuck was i thinking. god that was embarrassing. stressful ass day at work. i pulled out the freshly sharpened blade. i ran it across my veins as hard and deeply as i could. a sob escaped my mouth as i hit the steering wheel of my car with my palm. fuck fuck. i was four months fucking clean. god back to the fucking beginning.