Chapter 13 ➵

"I need help” I sat, after losing Oliver somewhere along the Gryffindor table, with Harry, Ron, and surprisingly Hermionie was sat quietly studying; “I found a Unicorn on the edge of The Black Lake”

“Wicked” Ron spoke, excited over the table.

“No, no, it wasn’t alive” I explained quickly and a little out of breath.

“What?” Hermione perked up.

I sighed, trying to be as quiet as possible and scanning the room, Harry looking pale as he leaned in to listen closer; “It’d been killed by something… someone” I whispered to the three.

“There’s only one reason why a Unicorn would be killed purposefully” Hermione spoke, sounding worried as she flicked through the books in front of her until she came to a Magical Creatures book and quoted; “The blood of a unicorn will keep you alive, even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price”.

“You don’t think…” Ron said sheepishly, looking to Harry.

“Harry, you don’t know that it’s Siris” Hermione spoke, quietly, seeing the distress on Harry's face.

I frowned, not aware of what had been going on in recent events; “Wait, Sirius Black is here? At Hogwarts?”

“Seamus just told us he's been sighted” Ron spoke slowly.

"What? Where?" I frowned, looking to Harry but Hermione was the one who spoke.

"Duff Town"

"That's not far from here" I spoke, the concern growing in my voice, looking to Harry again who looked worried but kept his head down; "He wouldn't come to Hogwarts, there's Dementors at every entrance" I tried to reassure.

“Yeah, except for the fact that he's already gotten past them once” Ron ranted obliviously.

Hermione slapped Ron with her book over his arm and he gave an apologetic shrug at me.

“Harry, I didn’t know” I shook my head ashamed, forgetting my friend’s life was in danger from a mass murderer; "But I mean, what if the Unicorn was-"

“-It’s not him, it can’t be” Harry interrupted, seeming convinced; “What were you doing at The Black Lake anyway?”

“I was with Cedric, we both-” I began, stopping in my tracks when I realized what I'd said.

“Wait what…” Ron smiled intrigued.

I shrugged slightly; “I don’t know, I guess we are friends now… or something” I frowned at the words.

“Or something?” Harry raised his eyebrows and surprised me with a smirk.

“Oh please, Cedric Diggory has caught numerous girl’s eyes over the years and he has never been interested. No offense, Via” Hermione pointed out.

"Did you find anything out about what he did to Malfoy?" Harry spoke, more matter of fact now.

I pushed my lips together and shook my head but I wasn’t going to tell anyone about the ephemeral kiss.

“What about Oliver?” Ron spoke up.

“What about Oliver?” I frowned, forgetting how flirtatious he'd been recently.

“Haven’t we got more important issues here?” Hermione spoke; “Like, dead Unicorns?”

I thought for a moment and spoke, “Harry, what if it is Sirus?"

Harry sighed, not wanting to admit it to himself.

“I bet you I know one person who can tell you what killed it” Ron spoke, not seeming overly fazed.