A Gift for Santa

"Daepyonim, everything is running smoothly and we are actually five minutes ahead of schedule. The K-Pop dance performance will end in one minute, and we will have the choir take the stage after that."

"That's wonderful," Se-ri turned to regard her insurance agent-turned-events manager, Park Su Chan, with an appreciative smile. "How are the preparations for the finale?"

 "How are the preparations for the finale?"

"All set." The older man dutifully replied.

"Great work there. Let's do our best to make Seri's Wish's first ever charity concert a success." She nodded in acknowledgment. Concealed by the shadows of the performance hall, she observed the audience, appreciating how smiles were worn on most faces.

Seri's Wish, a non-profit charitable organization founded two years ago by the heiress herself, works closely with music, dance, speech and drama schools in the country with the aim of providing greater opportunities for young North Korean defectors to discover their talents and forge careers in performing arts.

Inspired by Jeong Hyeok, and the world he had found and crafted for himself in music, Se-ri hoped she could give North Korean youths and children, who were struggling to find their place in the competitive and unforgiving South, a chance at a better life.

Some of these North Korean children live at shelters. The luckier ones have their parents with them, but nonetheless encounter difficulties in trying to find their place in the South Korean society.

Se-ri's wish was to make each child feel wanted, safe and loved, through the power of performing arts.

Tonight, gathered at the Music Auditorium at Seoul Arts Center, were esteemed guests from various charitable organizations, performing arts groups, schools and sponsors, including Queen's Group representatives— her parents, her eldest brother Se-joon and his family.

Thunderous applause erupted in the auditorium as the hip hop dance performance came to an end.

"It's time, Mr Park." Se-ri regarded Su Chan with a level gaze.

A respectful bow was the response she got, before the events manager briskly walked in the direction of the audience

———————————————————