Sugar Plum Fairy and the Cavalier

A/N: The Ri family is back in this holiday special!

Thank you for all the love shown for At Long Last, we've had a great run. This Christmas, we will be joining the Ri family again on their holiday adventures.

A big, big thank you to yejinhandlands for allowing me to borrow your fictional baby girl Hyun Ae-rin from one of my favorite works of yours, "Remember My Name", and for fact-checking this chapter before it got published.

As always, thank you to fellow authornims sawyerdavenport starupabove_ BinJinSaudade
ReginaDesolatio for your friendship and support 💕

————————————————————————

"Jeong Hwan! You are here!"

Unsurprisingly, the Hyuns, who had impeccable taste in their home's interior design on top of being outstanding medical professionals, had decorated their home so festively that it brought strains of Winter Wonderland to Se-ri's mind.

The two-storey house in Yeonhui-dong was done up with elaborate festive decorations, complete with lighted reindeer family and a sleigh beside a towering Christmas tree decked in baubles of various elegant shades of blue, silvery tinsel and fairy lights in the driveway.

The Hyuns were throwing a Christmas party at their home prior to the actual Christmas Day, and Jeong Hwan had been invited to the party by their little girl.

Standing at the door was the smiling eight year-old, dressed in a frosty white long-sleeved top, layered under a poofy, vibrant red dress with a huge bow in front.

Her long hair was tied up in a high ponytail, adorned with a red glittery bow. Cream knit leggings completed her party outfit, and it wasn't hard to see why Jeong Hwan stood rooted to the ground.

"Ae-rin is so pretty, isn't she, Jeong Hwan?" Se-ri asked, gently placing a hand on her son's shoulder.

Jeong Hwan has always thought Mommy and Jin-ah are the prettiest girls in the world, until Hyun Ae-rin came into his life like a gift in his first year at Spackman Primary School.

Mommy and Jin-ah are still definitely the prettiest; they are on a pedestal so very high in his eyes.

But Ae-rin is special.

Ae-rin is, for the lack of a better word, the prettiest of the prettiest.

Always shining like the angel on top of the Christmas tree, Ae-rin reminds him of princesses and fairies, his eight year-old mind decided.

Jeong Hwan was the introverted sort of boy who usually preferred to lurk in the background, just that he was often unsuccessful because of those good looks which command too much attention.