Let it snow

"Oh, Mr Hong! You're still here?" Se-ri raised her eyesbrows as the stocky man standing at the lobby of their office building came into view with opened elevator doors.

Frowning slightly, the older man gingerly nodded, holding up a leaflet which read 'Seri's Choice New Year Sales' in eye-catching font.

"...and why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, it's good that the marketing campaign for the festive sales seems to be going smoothly. But...it's Christmas in a week," The CEO replied, shrugging with a matter-of-factly smile. "Shouldn't you be doing all that shopping with your family?"

As the longtime friends and colleagues walked in the direction of the office building's main lobby together, the marketing director quietly commented, "You've really changed a lot, Daepyonim."

"Hm. People usually don't mean that in a good way." The heiress raised an elegant eyebrow as she rearranged her scarf, preparing to step into the harsh cold outside the building.

"For the better." He replied, before his facial expression took on a teasing edge.

"...was I that bad?"

"That's an understatement. With your special egg requirements and whatnot."

Se-ri chuckled at that, shooting her subordinate a look of mock annoyance.

"What was it again, eight minutes thirty seconds?"

"Eight minutes twenty-seven seconds." Hong Chang-sik replied without missing a beat. "Traumatizing stuff."

Narrowing her eyes, the CEO subsequently made a shooing motion with her hand. "And I thought I was being really nice with the Christmas gift I've specially prepared for you. It's perfect, no matter how I think about it."

"Wow, you did?" The older man appeared genuinely touched by the gesture. "That's really sweet. What is it?"

"A year's worth of gym membership." Se-ri replied with the sweetest smile she could manage. "You're welcomed."

Eyes and mouth literally flattening into straight lines, Hong Chang-sik was torn between exasperation and amusement as always with his boss' comments