The Dark Prince

I have this story saved on my laptop a few months ago. So I thought of sharing my story onto this site to see how people react to it.

Though, a little bit of a warning: This story is pretty self-indulgent involving a thicc goat prince. So, if this doesn't tickle your fancy, then kindly skip this.

Otherwise, enjoy the long read!

***

You... honestly don't know how to feel about all this. You just... don't know anymore. A stream of emotions is rushing through your head. Fear, dread, shocked, curious... all of this just feels so... surreal. How did you end up in this place, this world?

It feels... dark, empty almost. It's a world that is far beyond the Surface and the Underground - a realm that goes far beyond another dimension, yet it originates here... within planet Earth. Immediately, your first thoughts are to find the exit to this strange, wondrous world and get back home safely but... you don't know where to go from here. You don't know how long you're going to stay in this world, but you hope that you can get of here as soon as possible. Whatever the outcome might be, you hope that this is all just a bad dream.

A Few Hours Earlier...

Today's the day you finally take the first step into adulthood. Now that you've finally graduated from college, it's finally time for you to head out into the real world, with the help from your parents of course. To celebrate your graduation, Mom got you a brand-new car as well as a new house that's already set up and reserved for you located in Hometown; a town inhabited by monsters that live in peace.

You've heard about Hometown from watching the news as well as reading a few online articles. It's says that monsters in town were originally sealed away in the Underground dueto war against the humans. But, with the help of a human child, they've broken the seal of the Barrier and the monsters were able to come to the Surface and established peace with the humans. Since then, they've built a small town called 'Hometown' (very creative name) where they can live peacefully with one another.

You've also heard rumors saying that there's currently one human living in Hometown, so you guess that they're still working on trying to be more human friendly. You've always dreamed of what it would be like to live in a town full of magical monsters. Now, you get to live the dream thanks to Mom for getting a few good connections to make it happen.

After finished packing up all the stuff you needed for the long trip, you made your way out the front door and down to the driveway, where Mom is patiently waiting by your car.

"Well... this is it," you told Mom, already feeling that you don't want to leave home.

As much as you want to stay with Mom and help out with the house, there's a point and time where you just have to go and experience what life brings to you.

"It sure is Y/N. I'm just so proud of you that you finally graduated from college and that you can finally be on your own."

Mom felt hears grow at the edge of her eyelids, happy that her boy succeeded and grown up into a fine man.

"So, have a nice trip over there, you're always welcome to come back home and stay for as much as you want."

Mom walks up to you and wraps her arms around you, giving you a big, warm hug and a kiss on the cheek. You feel your cheeks turning red a bit from the motherly love, but you didn't complain about it. After a few seconds of hugging, she lets go of you, giving you a stern look.

"And if someone in Hometown is giving you problems, make sure to call me and I'll make sure they'll never bother you again."

Mom can be a bit overprotective of you, but she's only doing it because she loves you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you.