11| silent

Melinoe

***

"Hey," he said.

Of course I had expected to see him but maybe right then and there?

I felt so many things in me but my body just didn't know how to do them at this moment. I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout, I wanted to say 'hi', I wanted to look back at Katherine and beg her to tell me one of her stories. I wanted him to leave, I wanted to get back my belongings, I wanted to go sleep, I wanted to think that this was all a dream and that I actually had my suitcase. I didn't want to have to go through this. I wanted it to be tomorrow where I couldn't remember the yesterday that is today. I wanted things to be not as awkward.

That's all of the things I knew I couldn't do. Those were things that I couldn't have the power over.

They were out of my hands and I simply had to deal with it.

I didn't know for how long I had stood there for but maybe long enough to notice that he was in the same robe that I was in. I tried to image what we both looked like and I immediately felt odd and awkward. I didn't say anything back and just looked back at Katherine who quickly looked back down on her computer and just acted like she wasn't watching us.

I shut my eyes and looked down on her desk. "I'll be bringing down your belongings and- and goodnight to the both of you," I said quickly.

"Bye sweetie,"  I heard Katherine and I didn't bother waiting to hear Damon and just rushed to my floor.

And that brought me to today.

I had finished damping my hair and wore a burgundy red body con dress that had a sweet heart neckline and it fitted my body perfectly and ended mid thigh. I wore a simple silver necklace and put a few rings on my right hand and nothing but my engagement ring on the left. I sprayed some perfume on my body.

I slipped on my stilettos and grabbed my clutch and put my phone and makeup things I needed. I stopped to take a look at myself in the mirror.

My caramel skin looked like it was glowing and I was glad that my makeup didn't look like too much but it was there. I had my edges sleeked back and with one last look, I allowed my heels to click and I opened the door to leave.

***

I stepped out the limousine and I got out with the help of my chauffeur.  "Thank you," I said softly.

The security guards nodded when I greeted them and they opened the transparent doors that had gold outlines for me. I entered through the foyer and gave another 'thank you' and stepped it. I walked on the red carpet and made my inside. I knew that I had arrived to my destination when I saw a number of people with champagne in their hands.

They were wearing what seemed like costume made outfits and my eyes landed on a  beautiful dresses  and some suits that other female were dressed in. And men who were dressed in different colored suits.

I had already begun looking for my old friend Eugene, who was the one who invited me to his own fashion show. Eugene was a famous designer, his designs were absolute masterpieces.

A bunch of familiar faces began to appear as I thought of Eugene. "Melinoe!" I heard someone and turned around to see Salvatore. "Salvatore oh my gosh,"

"Darling it's so good to see you here," he smiled. "Ah yes, Eugene invited me here. His new collection is launching tonight."

"I see and you look absolutely dazzling," I smiled "Thank you Salvatore and you don't look so bad yourself," but I remembered something and then gasped silently. "Shot! How could I forget to thank you! Gee, I never got to thank you for designing and making my wedding dress,"

And he shrugged me off. "Oh Mel dear. It was nothing."

"So how have you been? How has the engaged life been treated you," and it seemed like the waiter arrived at the perfect time with the champagne. I took one and looked back at Salvatore. "Pretty good," I lied.

I didn't want to vent at such a exclusive event and end up crying about my life. "Mel?" I whipped my head to the side and saw my best friend. "Bitch you are here!" She said and engulfed me in a hug.

"I can't breath," 

"Black lives matter," she mocked in the same tone but she finally let go. "I can't believe it. You never told me you were going on a trip."

"Neither did you," I pointed a finger. 

She playfully rolled her eyes and gave a hug to Salvatore before he excused himself. "Damn you look gorgeous,"

"Have you seen everybody else?" I raised my brows. "Duh, I was here way before you so I know. And they don't look as good as you."

"Keep lying to me," I sighed and actually wanted more of lies. She pulled me into her chest and rubbed my back. "Oh Mel, Mel, Mel I have never lied to you,"

"Really?" I looked up to her with an amused expression. "Oh yes. The only person who ever lied to you was that Fiancé of yours," she hissed. "Nichola," I glared.

"Calm your tits lady." She rolled her eyes once again. "You know I'm so excited that I get to collaborate with Eugene on this collection. And I know  how much it means to the both of us-"

"No way," my eyes widen. "You're apart of this collection?"

"Well duh." She whipped her hair and revealed the tattoo that was on her collarbone. Her skin was glowing and it was only then I realized that she seemed different. A good kind of different.

I was now observing her outfit that I had expected to be something like her stylish semi formal suits. And indeed it was. Her formal suit consisted of a black leather pants and it went  perfectly with a black sweet heart neckline top that had straps and a black blazer. She paired the outfit with black heels.

Her curly hair was frizzy now. I was about to ask her why she was this happy but her eyes darted on something behind me and I looked behind me and saw the person I least expected to see.

His eyes met with mine and if wasn't Nichola for being there. I would've dropped my glass.

Was I destined to see Damon everywhere I went?