𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

While Reggie listened to Luke play a riff on his guitar, Lexi stayed in her chair with her songbook in hand to jot down some ideas for her upcoming project with Carter. Her foot bounced along with the beat of the music as the two boys had a conversation amongst themselves that the redhead didn't pay much attention to. Her ears picked up on the bass beginning to mix with the guitar riff, causing Lexi's brown eyes to flash up to see Luke and Reggie smiling as they played their instruments right. It wasn't long after that when she picked up on them mentioning her and Julie helping them make Sunset Curve popular again.

Just as Lexi opened her mouth to tell them once again that she wasn't playing on stage with them, the door opened to reveal Julie walking in before quickly shutting the door behind her. As soon as the Molina girl turned back around to face them, she sent the two ghost boys playing their instruments an irritated look, only for them to completely ignore her presence and continue playing.

"Guys," Julie called out to them, making the quiet music come to a halt as the two boys turned to face the Molina girl, "you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone."

"But we're not alone. Lexi's here. And even if she wasn't, we always have each other," Reggie countered before Luke slung his arm around the former's shoulder as smiles grew on their faces. Lexi tried, and slightly failed, to hold back her grin for Julie's sake, who simply scoffed in response to the ghost in plaid before she unplugged his amp.

The two ghosts mutter a few words to each other after Julie unplugged the second amp then Reggie put his bass down. While they did that, Lexi placed her songbook on the table before getting to her feet and standing next to Julie. The two girls watched the boys have an inaudible conversation for a moment before the ghosts spun back around to face them once again.

"We've been waiting for you to get home," Luke told the curly-haired girl at Lexi's side as the smiles on the boys' faces grew, "okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. Both of you. We had a band meeting earlier before Lexi got here, and..." the boy in the orange beanie paused for a moment then pointed to Reggie, who instantly did a drum roll on his knees, "we wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you guys aren't dreaming."

Lexi's entire body stiffened before she found herself staring straight at Reggie, who simply sent her an encouraging nod while Julie's confused expression quickly turned blank. The two girls just stared at the ghosts in front of them for a long moment, unsure of how to respond, before the Molina girl simply let out an "oh."