𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

After learning the song from the guys and practicing with them and, eventually, Julie for a few hours, Lexi went home to change into something a little more "performance appropriate" because apparently what she was wearing wouldn't work for that night. Once she finished getting her hair the way she wanted it, she changed into a pair of black jeans, with a red denim jacket and a blank and white tank underneath. She then slipped on a pair of red Converse before making her way over to her nightstand to slip on Alex's bracelet her dad gave her that she hadn't worn since the night of the school dance.

Lexi quickly finished getting ready and checked the time on her phone to see that she still had an hour before she had to be at Julie's. A sigh passed over her lips as her eyes scanned over the contents of her room for something to keep her occupied until they landed on her parents' songbooks sitting on her shelf. She made her way towards them with a small smile on her face before taking Andy's into her hands and sitting down on her bed. The redhead flipped through the old worn pages as she looked through the different songs messily written out within them. When she finally reached the last sheet, her smile slowly faded as her eyes studied the lyrics before she realized they weren't lyrics at all but what looked like a journal entry.

Aug. 30, 1998

It's been almost three years now and there are times when I still can't believe you're actually gone. Especially when I find myself involved with music in any way. It's strange. Sometimes I call out to you for help when I'm stumped with the new songs I'm writing. I guess I'll never get used to not having you around to give me ideas for the next verse.

So, Mom and Dad had another kid about a month ago, which is somewhat weirder than the fact that I still think you're around sometimes. They named him after you. Well, sort of. They used your middle name. Rachel and I are also getting married in two months. It's really strange not having you and the guys around to help. I think it's even stranger having to choose a best man that isn't you. This actually might be the real reason I'm writing this years after you, Reggie, and Luke...you know.

I guess what I really want to say is that I miss you and I'm sorry. I never meant what I said. I was just caught off guard and confused but mostly angry that you told Reggie and Luke before you told me. But that still isn't a good excuse for the words I said. I wish I had the chance to say that to you when you were still around.

Lexi read the words over and over again to see if she missed something about the fight they had, only to come up empty. Her father mentioned it to her a few times but never went into much detail and Alex never said anything about it. However, after hearing the regret in her father's voice when he first told her about their argument and reading his journal entry, there was one thing Lexi did know. She had to find a way for her father and uncle to talk and make amends before it was truly too late.