𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

After avoiding talking to Carter about their project that was due in a few days every chance she could, Lexi met up with Flynn in the hall outside of her last class before the two of them made their way toward Julie's locker. As they wove through the sea of students that littered the halls, Flynn couldn't help but cast a few glances at the girl next to her, knowing that the redhead had a million thoughts running through her head just by the look on her face. The two girls continued to walk in comfortable silence until they finally reached their destination, only to find their oblivious third Musketeer dancing around as she looked through her locker.

Flynn and Lexi stood there for a moment as they watched their carefree friend before they stepped forward to make themselves known. Once Julie caught them out of the corner of her eye, she removed her earphones and placed them in their case before sending her two friends a large smile.

"Hey, what's up?" the Molina girl greeted as she took her backpack out of her locker before slinging it over her shoulder.

"Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self. Makes me feel a little more normal," Lexi teased as she and Flynn formed matching smiles while Julie sent them a playful glare.

"So how's the band?" Flynn asked with a smirk on her face, "still hot? Still talented?" The girl in the pink beanie paused as she looked around to make sure no one was listening before grabbing Lexi's arm and forcing her to move closer to the conversation. "Still dead?"

"Amazing. Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs," the curly-haired girl answered as the smile on her face slightly grew, "you guys wanna hear some of them?"

The two girls in front of Julie quickly nodded, causing the latter to grab the lock off the top shelf before closing her locker. Once it was secure, the three of them linked arms and made their way through the halls and toward the music room with smiles on their faces. Laughter cut through the air that surrounded the trio as they talked about various things before they finally reached their destination.

While Lexi and Flynn stood next to the piano, Julie sat down on the bench before lifting the cover and gently placing her fingers on the keys. The smile on the Molina girl's face never faded as she sang the chorus of one of the songs she and Luke wrote while Lexi and Flynn danced along with the music, completely over the moon that their friend was into music again.