Chapter 6

Emma's pov
As we left the dx I felt really sad. I should've known somebody as perfect as him would have a girlfriend but why does it hurt so much? It's not like I've known him that long. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours. "Emma? Earth to Emma Mae Winston" and I snapped out of my thoughts to dally shaking me. "What sorry Dal" I said. "We're at Bucks" he said. "Oh okay!" I said faking a smile.

Dally's pov

Emma seemed really upset ever since she saw Sandy with Soda at the dx. I didn't know why but I wanted to make her feel better.

Emma's pov

It had been all day walking around town  until at 6 we finally got to go to eat dinner at dingos. Whatever that is. We walked in and I saw the gang at a table. Including sandy. Ugh I hate her already. "Hi emma mae!!" Soda said hugging me. "Hi soda! Sandy" I said nodding with a smile. "Hi Emily" sandy said. "Emma." I said sternly "whatever" she said and I gave Dally the is this bitch for real look. He just nodded.

After dinner I had to ride with Pony hazel Soda and you guessed it, Sandy. "So Emma did you like New York?" Ponyboy asked me. "I hated it it honestly. Haz loved it but it was terrible for me." I said "May I ask why?" Ponyboy said.

"Yeah I just didn't have a good time there. My best friend, Fred, he and I were inseparable but he died a year after my dad kicked Dally out. Then after dally left my parents started uh they started hitting me so I started to toughen up so I could fight back. I started getting jumped a lot, my parents would hit me even if I was home late by a second. Sorry that was a lot to take in I just got carried away." I slouched into my seat and lowered my head. "It's okay Mae. We all have struggles in life. I hope they get better for you here" Pony said and gave me a hug. "Thanks Ponyboy" I said smiling. "Call me pony" he said smiling back.

Sodapop's pov

Emma started telling us her life story. I felt awful. I don't know why her sisters had it so much better. I didn't bother asking I didn't want to upset her. Then Sandy looked at me and said "how annoying is she? She probably just made that all up for attention" "excuse me?" I said slamming on the brakes. "HOLY SHIT" emma yelled putting her arm in front of Hazel. "sorry Mae" I said. "What the hell Sodapop!" sandy yelled "get out Sandy, now." I said sternly. "Excuse me?" She said "I said GET OUT" I yelled and she got out and ran home.

"Why'd you do that Soda?" Pony asked.
"She was insulting Emma and Hazel I had to" I said
"Oh"emma said sadly. Once we got home everyone ran inside except emma and I. "Soda wait" she said. "What's up?" I smiled. "Thank you for standing up for me. It doesn't happen much" she said smiling sadly. "Of course. Sandy was out of line. I'm sorry she treated you that way." I said pulling her into a hug.

What I didn't realize for a moment is she was crying. "Oh it's okay Mae let it out." I said holding her. We sat there for a moment and she whispered thank you. She fell asleep in my arms so I picked her up and went inside.

Dally
I looked at the door and saw soda come in with a crying/sleeping emma. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" I yelled waking her up. "Huh?" Emma said. "Sandy was being a bitch to emma" soda said.
"Did you do something about it?" I asked angry. "Yes I made her walk home" soda said.
"Good. I always told you your girlfriend was a bitch." I yelled. "I know" he said sadly. "Take her to bed. Now" I said sort of yelling. He then walked off and they went to sleep.

Sorry I know that there still hasn't been anything exciting I'm getting there!
Stay gold!