Fathers

We were currently in Derek's place, an old railroad station. It looked a bit spooky to be honest. I had laid Isaac down and tied him up, just in case. I explained to him the process and helped him out with any questions he had. I bet it was easier for him to ask me then Derek the sour wolf.

"Thank you Alex." Isaac whispered. I honestly felt bad for him.

"If you have any questions just ask me okay." I smiled and gave him my number. I walked out of the train car. Outside stood Derek smirking.

"You know, you would be a great mother." Derek said smiling, earning a smack on his shoulder.

"Should I pretend that hurt? Ow!" He rubbed his shoulder.

"Was that you offering to father my children?" I regretted that the moment it came out.

"It's a bit early for that don't you think." He responded keeping eye contact.

"So that wasn't a no." I smiled, he just looked away.

"Why can't you be like this all the time, instead of being a dick?" If he thought I would forget earlier, he was wrong.

"I don't like people."

"But you are nice to me, is that you saying you like me?" I got closer to him, he wasn't going to escape out of this one.

"You don't annoy me and your company isn't too bad." He walked towards a table that had seats.

"Come sit." He didn't have to tell me twice, I took the seat across from him.

"You are not what I imagined. From what your parents told me I was expecting a quite and shy girl." Derek confessed.

"I think that's what my parents hoped for when they had me. Instead they got a stubborn and short tempered daughter." I placed my phone down on the table.

"Who defies them." Derek grinned.

"If they tried to wed you, you would defy them as well."

"Why is that?"

"Can I trust you?" I asked. I assumed he already knew a basic understanding of why we moved, just not sure how much he knew.

"Always." Derek replied. I listened for a lie. There was none.

"My grandfather tried to kill me." I said quietly. Derek looked at me to continue.

"To be fair I haven't been the best granddaughter. I would party a lot, miss family meetings, act out. My grandfather is very old fashioned, It's safe to say I wasn't the favorite. He was tired of me going against his beliefs and calling him out when he was wrong. I was the only one that would, everybody was scared of Alpha Cruz."

"I heard of some of his...actions." Derek assured me.

"Well his last straw was the car accident a couple months ago. In the car was my cousin Danielle and a human from my high school. I was drunk and driving. I crashed the car and killed the girl." I glowed my eyes.

"Werewolves can't get drunk." Derek questioned.

"I found a way. After a couple tries with tequila and special herbs and plants, I created the perfect mix. It tasted horrible, but did the job." I said smiling not sure how else to respond.

"After the accident happened my dad took me to my grandfather so he would hear it from me. He was furious and said I was a disappointment, kept saying vulgar things. My dad never once defended me. I couldn't bite my tongue any longer and snapped. I growled my disapproval, which upset the Alpha. He attacked and wanted to end me, that is when my dad stepped in. It resulted in my grandfather disowning me." I kept my eyes on the table.

"What about your mom?" Derek asked

"Gina was furious. She was pissed at Dad for putting me in that position. So she took me with her and we lived with her parents for three months. Until she finally accepted my dad's apologies. That's when they decided we needed a fresh start here in Beacon Hills. Yet Dad still wants me to be part of his family. He thinks if I get in a committed relationship and calm down then Alpha Cruz will take me back." I said looking back up at him.

"That you care about extending the Cruz lineage." Derek filled in.

"Exactly. By taking me back, he can pass Alpha tittle to my dad next year, and I would be next."

"Sounds like you have a reason to disobey." Derek gave me a small smile.

My phone ringed, disrupting the peace. I read the text message from Scott

"It's Scott, he's here to pick me up. " I got up and he did the same.

"What if I need to reach you?" Derek asked.

"Are you asking for my phone number Hale?" I smirked.

"Since you are giving it out tonight, I thought I would try." He was nervous for once.

"Give me." I asked for his phone which he did give me. I put my contact in.

"Thank you." He said softly.

"You're welcome, night." I said my goodbye and gave him a pat on his chest.

I got in Scott's car and closed the door. We left for my house and Scott caught me up on what happened. He said him and Allison were attacked by a creature with a tail. Another problem.

"Hey Scott could I sleep at your house?" I asked, dreading going home.

"Uh sure. Why, what's wrong?" He asked confused.

"My mom is covering another nurses night shift, it's just going to be my dad home. I don't feel like arguing with him tonight." I explained

"You don't get along with him?"

"No not really. Rafael is an annoying dad."

"Dude that's my dad's name as well. Maybe it's a theme with Rafael's." Scott laughed.

"Maybe."

The drive was peaceful. The night seemed young and carefree. I sent my mom a text, letting her know I was sleeping over at Scott's.