New Years

Finally, New Years had rolled around. This year had both dragged on and gone faster than they ever thought.

Lauren and Joey were sat on the couch, playing Card games like Dutch Blitz and Blackjack; watching movies and real house Wives, and just snuggling close, Lauren sat across Joey's lap.

"I'm glad that I had you this year." Joey blurted out, breaking the comfortable silence. "I mean, this year has been insane and I'm so glad I had you through it all."

Lauren was so taken aback. She didnt know how to express how much she loved him. He meant the absolute world to her and had made this year 1000 times more bearable.

"Awe, JoJo, you're so sweet I love you so much. I'm glad I got to spend this year with you too!" Lauren said, snuggling in closer and kissing Joey on the cheek.

The pair sat in a comfortable silence, Lauren still on Joey's lap, and Joey's arms hooked gently around her waist to make sure she didnt fall.

It was now approaching midnight and Joey decided it was time to open the champagne. Carefully opening the bottle, he poured two glasses and placed the bottle back onto the coffee table. He handed Lauren a glass smiling.

"To us." Joey said, holding his glass for her to cheers.

"To us." Lauren replied, gently tapping her glad against his.

Lauren was already giggly after just once glass. She got really giggly and then really tired after drinking.

It was now only 5 minutes to midnight, and Lauren was practically asleep in Joey's arms, a mix of the alcohol and the fact it was late.

"Do you want to head up to bed?" Joey said, noticing Lauren's tired state.

"Its ok, it's almost midnight anyway," lauren said, placing her glass on the table and leaving to go to the bathroom.

Just as Lauren exited the bathroom, she heard the new years countdown.

Five

She walked walked the living room.

Four

Joey stood to meet her.

Three

Lauren gently placed her hands around Joey's neck.

Two

Joey placed his hands on the small of her back.

One

The pair shot eachother a loving smile.

Zero

Joey leaned down to close the gap between them, lauren standing on her toes to meet him in this middle. The pair kissed happily, Laursn feeling Joey smile against her lips and smiling back. This was perfect.

The pair broke apart after a few seconds, smiling at eachother.

"Happy new year Jay." Lauren said, smiling at the boy with her arms still around his neck.

"Happy new years Lo." Joey replied, leaning down to kiss her again.

"..can we go to bed now?" Lauren asked as the pair broke away once more.

Joey just laughed in response, taking her hand in his and walking to their bedroom.

*HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!" I hope 2021 isnt too much of a shit show, and yeah. Thank you so much for reading this book, it's been so fun writing so far and I hope you guys are enjoying it just as much as me!*