Technical Difficulties

"For fucks sake!"

Joey slams his computer shut and his head falls into his hands. Tears rolls down his cheek as stress and anger overcome him.

TCB have a huge pitch for wayward guide coming up in 3 days, and everything is going wrong last minute. Theyve had a few files delete so theyve had to re-edit everything, and Joeys computer has decided to stop working at the worst time.

He sighs in frustration a rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands as tears flow.

"Jay im home!" He hears the front door open, laurens back. He snaps up, and wipes his face quickly, making sure she doesnt see him crying.

She wanders into the living room and joey swallows thickly.

"Hey baby" he manages to smile, hoping its enough to hide it.

"You okay?" Clearly not. She sounds  concerned.

"Im good yeah." He smiles as genuinely as possible.

"No youre not Jay whats wrong?" She asks, moving herself to perch gently onto his lap.

"I said im fine!" He says trying to hold it in, but crumbles. Tears fall from his eyes as he nuzzles his face tightly into laurens neck, clutching her body into himself.

"Oh baby..." lauren whispers, her heart shattering. "Shhh its okay baby...im here..its okay" she gently shushes him, rubbing his back lightly and kissing the top of his head.

"Im sorry..." joey mumbles after he collects himself.

"No, baby. Dont be sorry okay, let me help, whats wrong?" She whispers, still rubbibg his back lightly.

"A few of our files got deleted...nothing overly terrible and i could fix, i told corey id have it done by 6pm, and its 5:30 and my computer wont work, its shut down entirely. And we have our pitch in 3 days, and still so much left to do after this and i just...god i dont want to fail anyone..." he whispers, voice small and terrified.

"JoJo....who would you fail?" She asks, looking into his eyes.

"...corey...brian...the fans.." he takes inna breath, lip trembling "you-" his face crumbles once again, tears flowing from his eyes again.

"Jay..you couldnt ever fail them...you certainly couldnt fail me. Never. I promise okay? You try your hardest all the time and you are such an incredibly loyal, kind, funny person..you couldn't fail us...never." she assures, letting him play with her hair gently.

"God..i need to get these done though...i cant just not do it-"

"Call Corey, explain, hell understand. Is there any other way you guys stored what you had? A flashdrive or something? You could borrow my computer, finish it for 6pm tommorow?" She suggests, moving her body so he can finish braiding her hair.

"Yeah...I think corey has a flashdrive...and if not he could always make one and drop it off...but dont you need your computer?" He asks, greatful but not wanting to hinder her work with his own.

"Nope, i dont have any more sessions till monday, and its Wednesday. You wont at all get in my way." She assures, turning and kissing his forehead gently, and pulling him into her, stroking his hair lightly.

"Okay...ill call him..wheres my phone-" Lauren passes him her phone from her pocket and smiles at him

"Use mine" Joey smiles, unlocks her phone and calls Corey, and explains the situation. They talk for 5 minutes, arranging a solution.

"Thanks dude...see you in 20!" Lauren smiles as Joey hands her back the phone.

"Hes setting up a flashdrive now and hes coming to drop it off in 20 minutes, and hes also gonna pick up my computer to see if theres anything he can do to fix it." He informs her, smiling "...thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder." He says with a laugh

She rolls her eyes and smiles "anytime. And never hide it from me, youre terrible at hiding it anyway." She laughs slightly.

"I wont" he smiles back "and are you insulting my acting skills, Miss Lopez?"

"Perhaps i am, Joseph"  she says with a grin

"Oh how dare you! My heart cannot take such a betrayal, how could you?" He exaggerates sarcastically, sending them into a laughing fit.

Lauren smiles, thankful to see that adorable little smile returned.

A/N: im so sorry for my hiatus, ive been suuuper busy with school and homework and my mental health has been shit, so ive had zero motivation and time to write!

Thanks for bearing with me, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.