Chapter 2

The Next Morning:

Naruto woke up to find himself on something soft and comfy. Looking at what he was laying on, Naruto realized that he had slept on a bed, well mattress, "How did I end up on a bed?" He asked himself as he began to rise form his sleeping position.

"Good, you're up," a very familiar voice said. Naruto turned to his left and saw Apollyon sitting by his bed/mattress side with a book in hand.

"Stay away!" Naruto exclaimed as he hid under the blanket.

"That blanket won't do you much good in hiding, little sheep," she said with a small smirk on her face.

"I'M NOT A SHEEP!" Naruto shouted, throwing the blanket off of himself.

"Prove it," Apollyon said before she watched as Naruto marched up to her and kicked her shin. She nearly bursted out laughing when he began hopping in place while holding his now injured foot.

"OW! What the hell are you made out of?!" He asked as he tried to soothe the pain.

"Like everyone else, flesh and bone. You stupidly kicked my armor, but worry not, I will beat the stupidity out of you in time." Apollyon replied, "Now that you are out of bed, I have a few questions to ask, come here," she said, motioning for him to come closer.

Cautiously, Naruto limped ever so closer towards her, only to be caught in her arms. He tried to escape but his efforts were fruitless. Expecting the worst, Naruto braced himself for pain but instead, he found himself in a warm embrace, "Do you know what this is?" she asked

"N-no..."

"It's called a hug," she said as she looked down at him.

"So this is a hug," he whispered before he hugged her back.

"Good... now, do you want to get away from it all?" she asked

"W-what do you mean?"

"Get away from the beatings, the mistreatment. Go somewhere that you will be loved," she replied softly to him as she stroked his hair comfortingly.

"P-please... take me away!" he cried as she stood up with her sword in one hand and him on her other with his arms around her neck.

"Then let's go," she whispered into his ear as she left the ruins. She climbed out of the hole that Naruto had fell down the day before and looked at the giant trees that surrounded the area, "How far away is the village?" she asked.

"It took me a while to get here... but why are we going back?" he asked

"Which direction?"

"That way," he pointed pointed to the south.

"And where is the Land of Iron?"

"That way," said Naruto as he pointed north, through the forest of death.

"Then that way we shall go," she said as she carried him in her arms, her sword now strapped to her waist.

A Few Hours Later:

Apollyon and Naruto made it out of the Forest of Death and were putting out a fire that they used to cook. Naruto followed Apollyon as she walked on a dirt road. They soon approached a village with people going back and forth between buildings. They looked like they were in a hurry as Apollyon stopped one of them, "Why is everyone in a running?" Apollyon asked the first person she stopped.

"B-Bandits!" Shouted another man as they rushed into their homes.

"I guess that is my answer," she whispered as she put Naruto behind her as the bandits charged into the village with swords and bows. There was about 10 of them if Apollyon counted correctly. One of the bandits saw Apollyon and said,"Hey boss, look what we have here!"