Let's Plan My Murder | Tisha

Book: Let's Plan My Murder
Authorshwetakumari426
Reviewerits_dark_soul

TITLE(10/10)

It sounds perfect.

BOOK COVER (10/10)

The book cover is suggestive and meaningful. With the name of the book and the author's name on the cover is great. Plus there's the shadow of the girl who's enjoying the city life and loves her lonely time is giving us the hint about the character.

BLURB (9/10)

The blurb is okay-ish. It clearly stated about your plot. But it needs to be worked upon. I think the more the short is blurb, the more mysterious it is. The blurb of this story needs to be ravishing. It should grab the eyeballs of the reader. (Maybe she needs to see the blurb of really popular stories on Wattpad or real books.)

STORYLINE(7/10)

The storyline is great. I liked the plot. It's typical and cliche which are enough to attract readers. I liked it a lot. But I felt that the kiss was too fast and especially it shouldn't have happened that way. In this 21st century, when feminism is quite active, Noah shouldn't have kissed her without permission. However, the second kiss was okay.

In some places, it sounds immature, even if the story is great. Her subconscious mind is always speaking which I believe should not be written much. Either you should write the "subconscious mind saying part" in italics or just simply mention it in another paragraph.

There should not be much questioning. Either way, you should mention it in such a way, so that readers can understand her dilemma even without knowing what's going on in her mind. The story already is in first person, there's no need to mention what the subconscious mind is saying. May you need to read some books either in Wattpad or novels to get knowledge about it.

Page Layout(8/10)

The paragraphs are distributed perfectly. However, in some places, it is quite long. The order of sequences is good too. I suggest you put commas while writing dialogues, or hire an editor for it.

GRAMMAR/VOCABULARY(8/10)

The grammar Is satisfying, though there is a little disfiguring in punctuation marks.

The vocabulary is quite amazing. The words are simple but not articulated. There needs to be proper wording. Even though it is written in first person, it should be intriguing.

And yeah, the story should be in past tense. You have written that, "I can spot Mrs Foster flirting with a.....". The sentence would be like this:- "I could spot Mrs Foster....". The recorrected sentence is clearly implying that the story is going in the present even if the sentence is in the past. I suggest you make changes here and focus on these parts more.

I was reading your last chapter. So, there was this part where Noah was shouting at Ava in the party. When he was shouting he stood at one place and shouted, but in the next para, it's written that Noah is holding her shoulders tightly. Well, there was no mention of Noah walking over to her. So, it will get confusing for readers. Focus on these parts more.

CHARACTERS(10/10)

The characters are quite intriguing. They are just like the typical cliche ones which are enough to appeal to the readers. Ava is introverted yet confident sometimes. Noah is mysterious, cheerful, and gives good punchlines. Aiden is an ambitious photographer, yet is an understanding and caring friend. He is social and has his own definitions of life and relationship.

Overall Enjoyment(10/10)

I liked the plot. The dialogue delivery is good. I feel there should be some changes. The flow isn't that smooth and the characterization is nice.

Total:- 72/80