Kageyama POV I

~Kageyama's POV~

1 year. It's been 1 full year since I was benched at the finals in middle school. It's been 1 full year since the other members of Kitagawa staged a rebellion against me. It's been 1 full year since Kunimi told me he hated me. That's the worst feeling in the whole world, the person you love unconditionally saying that they hate you. I will never forget that dreadful day, never in my life. The worst part is, that it was all my fault. I wish I could change the past and start over. However... that's not how the world works. 'It's water under the bridge now... I can't go back...'

"SNAP OUT OF IT BAKAYAMA! WE NEED YOU FOR THE GAME TODAY!" Hinata yelled

Shit, I must have been spacing out.

"S-sorry!" I apologized. That's right, we have a practice game against Seijoh today. Wait... Aoba Johsai means... oh no. Kunimi is going to be there.

"Alright, everyone grab your shit and load onto the bus!" Coach yelled out "Come on, we don't have all day! Move your asses!"

"WE'RE GONNA DEFEAT THE GREAT KING AGAINNNN!" Hinata has a way of talking all big when we can't back it up, he's such a moron. "Hey, Hinata! Come over here for a second!" Hinata is probably the only one I can tell about Kunimi. Even though he's a selfish, annoying brat, he's the only one at Karasuno that I trust enough to keep this secret.

Hinata gave me a quick glance, shocked that I wanted to talk to him. He sighed, and slowly started to make his way towards me. I started to rethink my choice. What if Hinata told the rest of the team? None of them now about my sexuality yet, they all think I'm straight.

Hinata approached me, I could tell he was scared. Why though? Am I really that intimidating?

"Hinata, I need to tell you something. It's about Seijoh's number 13, Kunimi.." I said quietly so that none of the other members on the Karasuno volleyball team would hear me. "I... I have a crush on him." Hinata's eyes widened.

"WAIT YOU'RE GAY?!" He yelled out. Shit, what do I do?

"Shut up!" I whispered, but it was too late. I looked over at the team to see them all staring at me. Great, I knew I shouldn't have trusted Hinata with something as big as my crush. "Hinata, you dumbass!" I could not believe Him! I glanced over at the rest of our teammates again. Daichi, Noya, and Ennoshita were walking over towards Hinata and I. 'Oh no... here it comes...'

'I can't run away, and even if I did, it would only delay me getting interrogated by my upper-classmen by a couple minutes .' I sighed, they were getting closer and closer. Daichi stopped right In front of me. I took a deep breath in and waited for the questions that I was sure to be asked.

"Kageyama" Daichi said. 'Here it comes..' "Look, we want you to know that we completely support you! Plus, we've all known for a while."

Well, that was certainly not what I thought he was going to say. "Wait, you have?" I said, astonished. "How long have you known?! Tell me!"

Ennoshita chimed in, "We've all known for a couple months now. But we don't care that you're gay! We-" Nishinoya interrupted Ennoshita mid-sentence, "We accept you, and I'm gonna admit it, guys aren't half bad! I mean, look at Hinata!" I looked over at Hinata and saw him blushing. I see, so I'm not the only one at Karasuno, huh? That's good.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure that this is such a happy moment, but PLEASE GET ON THE DAMN BUS OR I WILL KICK YOUR ASSES! WE HAVE A PRACTICE GAME TO GET TO!" Sugawara yelled from the bus door. We all froze, Daichi looked at the rest of us and nodded. He, Ennoshita, Nishinoya, Hinata, and I all darted to the bus. 'Man, Sugawara can sure be scary sometimes.' And with that, the Karasuno High Volleyball Team started towards Aoba Johsai High School.

(End of chapter 1. 690 words)