Kageyama POV II

~Kageyama's POV~

Kunimi had seen me when I was terrified, he saw me shaking uncontrollably, and he helped me with the cut on my arm. He had picked me up and carried me to the gym, his embrace felt so warm. I want to be in his arms again, I want him to call me his own, I want... I want... I want Kunimi. I want him so fucking bad, but I can't...

Kunimi had dropped me off by the rest of Karasuno, as soon as he did, Kunimi ran away quickly.

I suppose it was because of how scared I was of him.

Or maybe he was scared of teammates.

It's not like any of them would've done anything though, they only baby Hinata. Which can be annoying considering he's the oldest first year, but oh well. In an effort to seem as if I was fine, I whipped away my tears. 'Hopefully nobody from Karasuno or Seijoh saw me crying' I thought

I glanced over at Kunimi who was talking to Kindaichi on the other side of the court. I guess he could sense me staring at him and looked over at me. He rolled his eyes and looked back over at Kindaichi, continuing the conversation he had with him previously.

~time skip, end of first set. Aoba Johsai-26, Karasuno-24~

"Damn it!" Nishinoya said

I walked over towards the bench, man I was tired. We just lost the first set, against Seijoh. Against KUNIMI. Ugh, now I look weak!

I looked back at Aoba Johsai's team, only to see Kunimi whipping his sweat away with his Jersey. He turned to face me, again, I guess he felt me looking at him. I could see his abs, god he looked so hot. I swiftly looked away, trying to hide my flustered expression. I then proceeded to hear a laugh from the other side of the gym, and a few from Karasuno as well.

'Jeez, why must everyone make fun of me for every little thing I do?! GOD I'M SO WORTHLESS!'

...

'Maybe if I try harder then people will realize that i am better than they are, and that I will be the one standing in the winners court!'

~time skip, second set. Aoba Johsai-24. Karasuno-22~

'Damn... I keep messing up the combinations... I can't do anything right, can I?!'

I feel someone tapping my shoulder, it's Tanaka. I look over at him to see that he's pointing towards the coaches. My eyes widen as I see a grey haired setter holding up the number 9.

'They're swapping me out..? No! T-they can't be! I.. I was doing the best I could, and they're still replacing me..?'

I walk slowly toward the third year, and take my seat on the bench. Kiyoko looked at me and said "We swapped you out for Suga because you needed to rest, you looked really tired and the opponent was at match point. We didn't wanna risk it, you know that right?"

I look down at the floor, a million things rushing through my head, but all I could do was give a simple nod.

'Worthless.... stupid... crazy..... that's what you are. Why can't you see it? You're just dragging the entire team down.'

I could feel tears starting to run down the sides of my face. My vision was started to get blurry because of all the tears in my eyes. I whipped away my tears but it didn't really help. Next thing I knew I heard a whistle blow, I looked up.

We took the second set back from Aoba Johsai. The score was Karasuno-29, Aoba Johsai-27. I get to play again, right? I get to play in the third set!

I guess coach realized what I was thinking about

"Don't even think about it, Kageyama. You're not going back in for the rest of the game. Sugawara's got this." Coach Ukai said

'So I guess I'm NOT going to play in the third set..'

"Oh.. okay." I replied

~time skip, end of third set. Aoba Johsai-26, Karasuno-28~

"WE WONNNNNNNNNN!" Hinata shouted as he raced to the bench and hugged Yachi, who was gleaming with pride.

"You guys did it! I can't believe you guys beat Seijoh AGAIN!" She yelled

"Kageyama, what's up with you? You seem.... out of it." I looked up to see a worried looking Asahi. "I'm fine." I replied.

'They replaced me with Sugawara. I know he's my upperclassman, and I technically did steal his spot, but it still hurts.'

"I'm gonna go start the bus, I'll be back in a few minutes." Coach Ukai said as he walked out of the gym.

"Okay, coach." Daichi sad "Now everyone, let's go thank Seijoh for inviting us to have a practice match with them!"

We all walked over to Aoba Johsai's court

"Thank you for having us" we all said at the same time

Everyone on Seijoh's team turned to face us, and in unison they all replied with "Thank you."

All of a sudden we heard the door to the gym open and we all turned around to see who it was. Coach Ukai came into the gym and said "So, turns out the bus broke down and it won't be able to be fixed for a couple days."

We all looked around at each other

"What are we going to do Coach?!" Tanaka asked

"We don't know-"

Seijoh's coach chimed in "You guys can stay here until the bus has been repaired, it'll be like a training camp!"

'What? Stay here? With Aoba Johsai? With KUNIMI?! I can't do this, I just can't! But, there isn't any other option, is there...'

"I believe that will work out, if you're sure you're okay with it." Takeda said, probably wondering if he was sure they would be able to stay.

"It'll be fine! While the coaches get everything settled, you all just wait here."

We all nodded. As soon as the coaches were out of the room, Sugawara went over to Oikawa and whispered something to him. Sugawara giggled and nodded his head, blushing slightly.

"Uhm, what's with that-" I began to ask Daichi, but he interrupted me. "Ah yes, high school romance at it's finest."

"Hey.. Kageyama?"

(End of chapter 3. Word count: 1046)