Iwaizumi POV I

It feels like hours have passed by just waiting in this policeman's car, even though realistically it's only been 10 minutes.

God why did I do that? I shouldn't have started that goddamn fight, then I wouldn't be in this situation.

    The car jolted to a stop, I assume we were at the police station now. My hands were in handcuffs in front of my torso. Why? If they knew I started the fight wouldn't I been seen as "dangerous"? Something feels very off.

     I was taken inside and to the back room. Inside the room, a table with 2 chairs on either side. It looked like the basic questioning room in movies to my surprise. Usually the movies are widely inaccurate about everything.

     The policeman sat me down and took the seat across the table. He started by asking me a few simple questions, my name, my age, and since I am still 17, my parents names. He then asked other questions that were strange.

"Do you know what prompted the other boy to attack you?" He asked me. Confused, I answered "what do you mean?"

    Looking at me like I was stupid, he repeated the question. "The other man allegedly attacked you? Do you have any idea what the reason is?"

    "You've got it wrong officer, I was the one who attacked him first. It's my fault." I hung my head to apologize, but all I heard from the man was a mumble of confusion.

     "Look kid" he started, "I know that the other guy is your underclassman, but you can't cover up his actions. The boy who called the station told us that he attacked you first, and since the cameras were being repaired in the Yoshinoya that's what we have to believe. Kunimi, his name was?"

     I looked up at him.

     'Kunimi...? What have you done...?'

     "Sir, Kunimi is lying. I was the one who attacked Hinata first. Kunimi had texted me saying Hinata had hurt someone I see as a younger brother. I acted selfishly and irresponsibly, I apologize." I bowed my head again.

        "I see we'll have to look further into this. But for now, you and the other boy will be placed in the holding cells."

————

     The next day came, and I was still in the bland holding cell. A bed, a desk, and a toilet. That's it, though it was better than those awful summer camps I went to as a kid.

And officer approached my cell and opened the door. "Come with me, Mr. Iwaizumi. This is very serious." I had no idea what was going on, but no duh. I was just arrested for assault yesterday, OF COURSE IT'S SERIOUS!

He took me to one of the back rooms, and we sat down together at the table. He gave me a look of despair.

Nothing could of prepared me for what he said next.

No. No no no. Is it my fault?

"This morning Hinata Shoyo was found dead in the holding cell."

"He killed himself."