part 97

Ant and Dec were chatting amongst themselves when the presenter Phillip Schofield walked onto the stage at the 02 Arena to announce the winners of this years lifetime achievement award.

Phillip read from the notes he had affectionately compiled about his two close friends who as yet didn't suspect a thing.

"I believe the warmth and empathy THEY show..." he emphasised the word 'they' noting that there was obviously more than one recipient "THEY"

"Towards charitable causes,their viewers and their deep friendship towards one another,are as great achievements as their countless and well deserved awards.The nation has taken them to their hearts.So many Congratulations on the first twenty five years of your successful careers and on your very special award tonight"

Dec was caught frowning in front of the cameras,he obviously had something ticking over in his mind.

'It couldn't possibly be me and Ant could it?' He thought to himself,although they certainly did fit Phillips description.

'Nah,that would be ridiculous' he decided as he listened intently 'lifetime achievement award?that's not for people like me and Ant'

Whoever Phillip was talking about,they did sound pretty amazing,that in turn made Decs insecurities convince him that there was no way Phillip was talking about them,no matter how many awards they had won over the years,he still found it hard to believe that they were so loved.

That's exactly what they were though.

They were loved,adored and admired by fans all over the United kingdom and even from some other countries around the world.

After Phillip finished reading from his sheet of paper,he folded it up neatly and linked to fellow presenter Dermot o'Leary,who was down amongst the audience members,Dermot was the unfortunate guy who often lost out to Ant and Dec for the best presenter award,he always took it in good spirits though.

"So Dermot" Phillip said "any ideas as to who it might be?"

"No idea at all" Dermot fibbed playfully.

He leaned towards two ladies sat in the audience "do you have any ideas who it is?"

Ant and Dec suddenly realised they'd well and truly been had as they saw that Dermot was actually talking to their Mams.

"They're our lads" Christine replied to Dermot "Ant..."

She then nodded towards Decs beloved mother.

"And Dec" Anne finished the sentence.

The cameras caught every moment of Ant and Decs stunned surprise as a montage of their television highlights and tributes from their close friends,stars of stage and screen and their mothers were beamed around the 02 on large screens.

Unfortunately for Ant,it was pretty obvious that he was using some pretty colourful language as the camera zoomed in on him and Dec.

"Shut up,shut up" he turned to Dec,still totally amazed at what was going on "fucking hell,what the fuck?what?" He opened his arms in a questioning type gesture.

He soon twigged that his reaction was being broadcast to the country and quickly covered his mouth before he said anything else he might regret.

So he and Dec sat back to enjoy the clips that were being shown and of course it wasn't long before they were both getting emotional.

They just couldn't believe this was happening.Dec would probably have pinched himself if the cameras hadn't been likely to pick it up.

Of course they were used to receiving awards,but this was something else,this was so special.