part 30

"Ant,Ant,Ant" Dec called out impatiently as he pounded on Ants front door on a cold January morning.

"Jesus Declan" Christine scolded as the opened her door "you'll wake the dead,banging like that"

"Oh,sorry Christine" Dec apologised sheepishly "thought you'd be at work"

"Obviously" Christine replied "it's my day off,he's upstairs"

"Thanks" Dec yelled out as he rushed past her and up the stairs,proceeding to barge into Ants bedroom with no thought of knocking or waiting to be invited in.

Finding Ant half dressed with his trousers around his ankles,Dec immediately stopped in his tracks.

"Oops sorry" he muttered.

"Declan" Ant snapped "haven't you ever heard of knocking?I'm getting dressed man"

"I can see that now" Dec grinned "it's not like we haven't shared a room before,it's no big deal"

"Not for you maybe" Ant grumbled while pulling up and fastening his jeans "but some of us might like a bit of privacy"

"Yeah,yeah,alright stud" Dec laughed "you ain't got anything I want to see anyway"

"What are you doing here so early anyway?" Ant enquired "not like you to be out of bed before midday,unless it's absolutely essential and even then,it takes some persuasion"

"Been on the phone to Telstar" Dec replied enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah?" Ant was now more than a little curious,if their record company had managed to get Dec all worked up about something,then it must be good news.

"They've got a new song for us" Dec smiled.

"Ok good" Ant was still slightly baffled,this was hardly news,they'd known for quite a while now that a second song was definitely on the cards.

"And" Dec announced proudly "they want us to make a video this time"

"Oh really?" Ant replied "that would be good then"

"Exactly" Dec grinned "if we have a video to go with the song then we'll get alot more publicity,they'll send it out to television companies,so we'll get alot more exposure,good eh?"

"Yeah,that's great Dec" Ant agreed "when?"

"Well not just yet" Dec pondered "they have to get things organised first,so probably in a few weeks time,but get this,they want to film it in London,so another all expenses paid trip for us"

"Sounds great" Ant smiled at his exuberant best friend.

"Then if this song does well,they'll definitely commit to an album" Dec said "they've already got someone writing new songs for us"

Ant just nodded along to the information Dec was sharing,Dec was certainly excited enough for the both of them.

"What are you up to today?are you going to college?Fancy going out for lunch to celebrate?" Dec smiled "my treat"

"No,I haven't got college today,bit early for lunch though ain't it?" Ant pointed out,glancing at the clock perched on his bedside table.

"Breakfast then?or brunch?" Dec smiled.

"Brunch?" Ant smirked "when did you get so posh?"

"I've always been posh me" Dec joked.

"Yeah right" Ant laughed "just let me finish getting ready,then we can go for this...er..brunch"

A short time later they were sat in their favourite greasy spoon cafe.They both knew they would end up there,it did the best full English in Newcastle after all and it was cheap,that definitely appealed to Dec when he was paying.