Part IV

WRITING PROMPT: When was the last time you really listened to someone without putting your own ideas first?

"It's been a week," Yoongi had cornered Namjoon inside RKive. "You have to talk about this someday."

"Not now, hyung," the leader muttered.

"Stubborn doesn't suit you...and I'm not leaving until you talk."

Still, Namjoon refused to speak.

"You know, I'm the one who doesn't talk in this group. I don't appreciate being outdone in that sense."

Namjoon's lips were sealed shut. He slouched in his computer chair and began fiddling with a Rubik's cube. Yoongi decided that if Namjoon wouldn't have this conversation with him, he would have it on his own.

"If you were to ask me, I think you were in the wrong."

"I didn't ask," was all Namjoon said, continuing with the cube.

Yoongi let out an exasperated sigh, "Well, I still think you're wrong." He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a very familiar flash drive, a red ID lace attached to it. Namjoon did a double take, but quickly tried to mask it by shifting his position. It didn't go unnoticed.

"Here," Yoongi walked over and placed it next to Namjoon's desktop keyboard. "As your hyung, I'm giving you an assignment. Read what's in the drive so we can form a book club or some shit."

He took Namjoon's persisting silence as a greenlight and kept talking, "I know what you endured as our leader. I understand your fears...or at least I try to. And I feel like shit for being older but not being able to do what you do for us. But, Joon, we're all adults now. Brothers that can lean on each other, but adults. We've never not appreciated how much you protect us, but sometimes I find myself having to remind you that we're okay. We're going to be okay."

Yoongi took pause when he noticed Namjoon stopped twiddling with the cube. Finally, it seemed like he was listening.

"Someone's always going to want something from us. But our normal life has to resume somewhere. We can't live on the defense all the time. You coined it yourself: Namjooning. Let Namjoon live. Let Namjoon make real friends–or more than that."

Yoongi laughed at his next thought, "I don't mean to stroke our ego, but do you really think that with all the milestones we've hit in our career, one of us wouldn't end up dating an Army?"

"We weren't even huge yet that one year we went to Manila and Hobs came home with a hickey from a fan," Yoongi was beginning to cackle on his own, "And with Jimin's wandering gaze, I wouldn't be surprised if his wedding was purple."

In no time, Namjoon had caught up to Yoongi's laughter.

When the laughter died, Yoongi took a moment of pause, noticing that Namjoon looked like he was trying to form the right words to speak.

"Did you read it?" Namjoon softly said.

Yoongi feigned shock, "Oh look, he speaks."

Yoongi stepped back and walked to the door, "Yes. I did. And you should too, because, boy, do you have a lot of groveling to do."

.

It had been a week since you walked out of BigHit.

It was horrible and you felt like shit.

You wanted to defend yourself, but what chance do you have against a giant like BigHit? If this ever got out, BTS' Army wouldn't hesitate to defend the leader and come after you.