Three

a/n: happy new year! 

Three

—————

Dayal worried, briefly, whether or not she was going to run out of space in her notebook. She didn't doodle (too much, at least) so all of the information she'd jotted down was purely snapshots of the meeting, and in particular the missions where she had supervised or assisted other intelligence workers.

As Taahira observed the meeting, Quinn observed Taahira with a slight smile on her face. Sarraf could see it, clear as day, and knowingly avoided the pointed look Quinn sent her in turn.

If I hear one more time about how good of a fit I'll be with my new primary, I'll blow a fuse. No — I'll blow Quinn's fuse. Maybe I'll even cause an international incident or two, really bury her in data.

Sarraf smiled quietly, the look on her face dangerously cold at the thought. Dayal, seated beside her, noted the look and fought to keep from gulping.

No way I'll let you pull one over on me, Chief, Sarraf thought, glancing back at Quinn who was busy rifling through her mountain of papers before weighing in on the current discussion.

Most details of classified missions that were brought up during a meeting between the Chiefs were printed, rather than typed onto a computer and brought along. When the details were finalized between the Chiefs, such data could be properly written down and sent out, but before the final word had been said of the decision-making process most tended to print it out in pieces before bringing it here.

It was a rather analog, bothersome method — another reason Sarraf was all too glad to be a Special Agent rather than a Chief, or some Intelligence worker.

She glanced at Dayal, saw the young woman swiftly flip a page as she took another row of scrawling, loopy notes.

I'll give it to the girl — she has some neat handwriting, Sarraf mused, though it irked her slightly. Quinn had recently been on her ass for writing sloppy notes in the margins of her mission reports, leaving it up to the Chief to attempt gleaning its meanings as no other intelligence worker could.

"With that, I'd like to move on to Chief O'Reilly's most crucial update," Director Kimmel spoke, voice rising to command everyone's attention once more.

The eyes of the Chiefs slid to Quinn, who straightened up in her chair, leaning forward as she braced her forearms on a scattering of papers.

"Thank you, Director Kimmel," Quinn started, eyes flicking to the papers pinned beneath her arms, " — in regards to any other mission details, there has been no further updates. If any one Chief would wish to look through numbers for any possible reason, I'll be happy to supply them, but as we'll be assigning Special Agent Sarraf a rather tricky mission I'd prefer focusing on it during our meet."

Quinn sounded strong. Confident. Worlds different from the person she'd been before the Agency's previous mess — playing in another league, now, at ease with herself and those around her.

Sarraf couldn't help her smile.

"Chief Tibble and I have mainly been responsible for ironing out the details, though the mission itself was commissioned through Chief Sanders."

Sanders, the previous co-Chief now turned Chief of Operations, inclined his head Quinn's way, even if he paled at the attention of surrounding Chiefs. He seemed significantly more at ease now than when he'd had that idiot Havas for a co-Chief, that was for certain.

Might have something to do with his new pacemaker, too, Sarraf thought, before her eyes and attention swung back to Quinn.

"We wished to bring it up during this meeting not only because of its significance, but the scope of this mission," Adina continued, one hand drumming lightly against the table, " — as we'll be sending Special Agent Sarraf abroad to handle the business of a major corporation."