♥ Chapter 1 ♥Skateboarding Down Broadway

Mattie had just gotten off of work and it began to rain as she skateboarded down broadway.

'Shit. My laptop better not get ruined. It's in my bag.' she thought, not paying attention to the guy walking down the street right in front of her.

𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙝

"Shit- I am so sorry," she said, getting up off the ground and realizing that her laptop was probably broken.

"Mother fucker-" she said, putting all her papers in the bag.

"It's ok. Are you ok?" the guy asked, and she saw him for the first time.

He was tall, taller than her at least. Looked around 6'3, and had brown hair and...sideburns?

"Yea, I- I'm fine. I am so sorry again. I wasn't paying attention I just wanted to get home-" she said, still freaking out.

"It's good, I promise, but, your laptop doesn't look so good-" he said, and you looked at your bag, which was laid on the ground next to the skateboard. Not many people were out at the moment, so everyone was really spaced out.

"Shit. Well, I needed a new one anyway. I hope I can afford one." she said, grimacing at the broken laptop as she questioned what to do with it, as it was now in pieces.

"Well, I am so sorry about your laptop. I feel like it's partly my fault, for not moving out of the way. I mean, I can take you for coffee or something? Sorry, I haven't gotten my pay yet. I'm like a starving college student over here. " he said, chucking as he helped Mattie put the parts of her laptop in her bag.

"I would normally say yes, but I don't have the time at the moment," she said, completely lying. She didn't like people that much, and honestly just wanted to get out of there. She was soaking wet already.

"Oh. Maybe we can make a date? Phone number swap or something?" he said. He was trying.

"Look, dude, I don't even know your name. I just want to head home," she said.

"My name Johnathan, and yours is?" he said, and she sighed. It was useless, so she guessed she might as well just get a coffee with him.

"Fine. I'll go. My name is  Mattie." she said as the two walked to the coffee place a little farther down the street from where they were standing.

"YES. I BROKE YOU DOWN" he yelled, getting stares from multiple people walking down the street.

"Wh-why did you have to yell?" she asked, genuinely embarrassed. She didn't even know this guy and he's screaming in the middle of the street.

"Because I did. Now, c'mon, let's get coffee" he said, and she began to follow him down the street.

A/N~ Oh my god the cringe-  sorry I'm not good at writing guys :/. As I was re-reading it for grammar checks I realized she could probably get kidnapped if it wasn't schlatt who she was talking to- god the cringe. Anyways, thank you for making it this far while reading! Have a great night!~ Elliot.