♥ Chapter 2 ♥ The Coffee Date

"Mattie? Your coffee is ready!"  yelled the barista as she walked up and got her coffee, and sat at the table with Johnathan.

"So, uh, how old are you? Sorry, I completely suck at conversation. It's not really my strong suit." Mattie said awkwardly sitting there with her coffee.

"Oh, I'm 21, you?" he said. The conversation progressively going to get more awkward, and both of them could tell.

"I'm 20,  I'll be 21 in about 3 months, I think," she said, and then silence fell over them once again. They drank their coffee, and Elliot thought about what to say. 

"I'm in college. For writing." she blurted out, "I've always been good with writing. Since I was little. I used to write little stories and stuff. My family said I'd never make it as an author, but I'm trying really hard." 

"Shit was that too much?" she said, and Johnathan laughed.

"No, I think you just started the conversation." he said, "I'm a streamer and make youtube videos. It's weird, I know. It's not very stable. I'm honestly lucky I'm able to pay for things I need." 

"Well, it's more stable than me doing editing jobs and being a waitress at the same time. Just then I'm able to scrape together to be able to pay for my apartment," she said, and once again, the silence fell over them as they finished their coffee's and it began to rain harder outside. 

"I love this kind of weather. It's always been my favorite. It gets me in the mood to write." she said, looking out the window focusing on the raindrops pelting the window. She didn't Johnathan looking at her like she was the only girl in the world.

Then her phone buzzed.

"Shit. That's my boyfriend. I have to get home. It was nice actually and thank you for the coffee." she said, getting up and grabbing her skateboard from next to her.

"Wait! What's your number!" He blurted out without thinking.

"Oh, uh, let me write it down for you. You can call me in about like, uh, 20 minutes to make sure it's mine. Sorry if I get it wrong." she said, writing it on a napkin, "There. Have a nice day Johnathan!" she said, rushing out the door, hopping on her skateboard, and finishing her ride home, back down Broadway.

A/N~ Ok! Chapter 2! I don't know exactly how I feel about it, but I would say a filler chapter, more introductions, and background. And my girl got a boyfriend, wondering how this is gonna play out (jk obviously I know). Sorry for the cringe, and I wanna point out how my update schedule is about to be wack because school starts back up tomorrow, in which I am currently failing a class, so I actually have to try.  Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day!~Elliot.

(I also changed her name because it sounded like a self-insert which is not what I wanted)