Enter the Reaper.

There's a realm known as the demon realm. Not Hell, if that's what you're thinking.

This realm is filled with witches, demons, and monsters of all kinds. In fact, every myth the human world has is just a little bit of this world leaking into there's.

Heck, even giraffes are from this realm. Crazy, right?

Anyways, our focus takes place in the land made from a giant skeleton of a colossal being with horns. Within the chest cavity of this colossal skeleton is a castle of sorts. Nothing too extravagant or too plain, just somewhere in between.

Around the castle in multiple different posts were guards in robes with plague doctor-like masks. The guards were minding their own business, and all was quiet.

*BOOM*

Until it wasn't.

The guards were startled out of their thoughts and conversations once they saw the entrance to the castle explode. The doors were blown to pieces, and so were some of the bricks in the large doorway, which left the entrance to the castle as a big gaping hole.

Smoke billowed out of the castle's entrance as the guards were now put on high alert, and prepared themselves for whatever the situation could be.

Suddenly, someone dressed in the same robes as them, but with no mask, ran out of the smoke towards a rope bridge. Following behind was the head of the emperor's coven, known as Lilith Clawthorne.

The emperor's coven was a top tier coven amongst other covens, but that's not the point right now.

"Stop him! He must not escape!" Lilith ordered to the guards.

Doing as they commanded, the guards flooded out into the open from their posts, and from the castle.

The figure stopped in the middle of the bridge once they saw their exit being blocked by a swarm of guards running towards them. They looked back to see guards coming from the way they came from.

With both exits covered, the figure had no choice but to stand their ground. They took a stance, and powered up some magical red energy in the palms of their hands. The energy crackled as the figure prepped themselves for a fight.

Or so it appeared to be.

Before the guards got too close, Lilith called out to them.

"HOLD!" She commanded.

The guards stopped their advance towards their target as commanded.

The figure looked from side to side, seeing both groups of guards had stopped.

They then saw Lilith fly out over the spike filled ravine on her staff until she was in front of the figure from the side of the bridge.

"Gabriel Reyes, you are hereby under arrest for treason against the Emperor for disobeying direct orders. You're surrounded, and there's no chance of escape." She spoke with authority.

She flew closer to him, and her mint green eyes peered into his red ones. But Gabriel's red eyes glared back like they were daggers. His face was cloaked by the shadow of his hood, but his red eyes glowed like embers.