~prologue~

It was your annual sleepover with your best friends, and you had invited them to come over to your house this time and hang out.

The doorbell rung, signaling the first person had arrived. You rushed to the door and opened it to see F/1.

"Hey! Come in, F/1!" They follow you to the living room where they put down their bags and collapse on the couch, giving your dog a pet on the head.

"I can't believe we've been doing this for a year now," they said.

"I know! Me either." The doorbell rung again. "I'll get it!"

It was the second friend you had invited, and they followed you into the living room. You had a conversation for a few minutes before your mom announced that the pizza was ready. The three of you charged into the dining room and grabbed your dinner before sitting down, laughing while you did it.

You looked at your parents, who smiled and looked at each other. As you ate, you could see them whispering and looking between you and your friends.

Something was off.

Your parents weren't acting that weird, but you could just tell. It was like they were hiding something from you. It was strange, since they never acted like this.

Earlier that day, they had said they needed to tell you something, and you were anticipating what it could be, wanting to know if they had been hiding something. You and your friends finished eating, and you started heading back to the living room when your mom asked you to stay back.

"Y/N, honey? Can we talk to you for a minute?" she asks. You nod and wave your friends to move to the living room.

"Well? Are you going to tell me what's going on?" you ask, leaning on the counter. Your dad takes a deep breath and sets down his glass of water.

"Y/N, I know this is going to come as a big shock, but it's an amazing opportunity for your mother and our family. So I just ask that you try to understand." Another deep breath. "We're moving."

Your breath caught in your throat and your mind went blank. "Wha-" you tried to process the news, but nothing came.

"We're moving to California, your mom got a new job opportunity and we think it would be best if we all moved there."

"But... but what about my friends? I have a life here, Dad! I can't just leave it behind!" you burst out. You weren't mad, you know how much your mom loved her work, but it hurt to know you had to leave behind everything you've known just to go somewhere new.

He sighed, and your mom continued the conversation. "I know, honey. I'm sorry, but maybe we could come back and visit every once in a while. And now you can make new friends!"

You sighed and rubbed your face. "I- I'm gonna go." You turn around and head back to the living room to your friends. "H-hey guys. Can I tell you something?"

"Of course! What is it, Y/N?" They could tell something was off, and F/1 put their hand on your shoulder.

"I'm moving," you took a shuddering breath. "They just told me in the kitchen. I'm sorry, I don't wanna go, but mom got a job opportunity and I know how much she loves her job so I don't want to ruin it."

It was silent for a moment, until F/2 took a breath and said, "Y/N, I'm so sorry. But we understand. I wish you didn't have to go, but promise me," she looks at F/1, "us, that you'll come back and visit."

You nod and a tear rolls down your cheek. "I promise."

They nod and give you sad smiles. "Okay, let's play some games and enjoy what time we have left. Crazy Eights, anyone?"

A/N- first part! I'm so excited lol
{jan. 23, 2021}