Chapter 3 - Confession

[Zelda's POV]

I stumble on my words, "L-Lilith, I-I like you." My heart thumps hard and fast. My throat feeling like it was swollen. I started to sweat as I look at the other woman.

Lilith's frozen stare made me gulp in nervousness. Did I say something wrong? I probably did. I quickly try to leave but as soon as I touch the door handle I hear her voice.

"I-I like you too Zelda." Her voice was slightly shaky, I turn around and look at her.

"Y-you do? Y-you like me?" I blush brightly then start to walk towards her.

"Yes Zelda, I've liked you for a while. I just never thought you'd like me back so I never acted upon my feelings." Her voice was full of confession, her expression loving.

I smile happily as I look into her eyes. I sit on the side of her bed and starts to move my head close to hers.

Her lips are inches from mine and suddenly..

Adam starts crying. We both giggle and Lilith starts to kiss and cuddle him but he wouldn't stop.

"May I?" I say softly, looking at Adam.

"Oh of course." Lilith smiles and gently puts him in my arms. Adam babbles happily and starts to relax, snuggling into me.

I coo as I watch him, his tiny scrunched face, the cute noises he'd make. "Aww he's so adorable. He looks so much like you."

Lilith smiles happily and watches me and Adam. "Thank you Zelda, how did you make him stop crying? You must be talented."

I chuckle and bounce Adam gently. "I don't know, just a skill I must have." I stroke his cheek lovingly as he starts to fall asleep. "There we go, all calm now."

Lilith smiles happily. "Zelda, can you stay a while? I'd really enjoy some company."

My face lights up immediately as I nod quickly. "I'd love to stay." I lay next to Lilith and places Adam between us. "Sleep Lilith, you deserve the rest, I'll keep you safe."

Lilith smiles softly and purrs, lays her head on my shoulder and begins to drift off to sleep.

I daydream happily of my future, thinking about Lilith and Adam, smiling happily as I think about Halloween, birthday's, Christmas's that I might have with them.

Maybe my life won't be as bad as I thought. I quickly look back at the sleeping pair before closing my eyes slowly and falling asleep.

To be continued...