Last Goodbye - Kogane..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

********************************************************************

Ace POV.

"You're Leaving" I spoke up, panic in my eyes and I was sure my voice broke as I looked to my father who was placing his jacket on the hooks within our shack.

"This mission is important and you'll be just fine without me. You're staying in the Garrison dorms anyway, it just mean's no more sneaking out for a race here" My father replied calmly, a small smile on his lips as he turned to me.

"But what if I get into another fight or I actually get kicked out while you're gone. I-I don't think you should go, just wait until I pass my garrison training at least" I tried arguing back, trying to not beg but knowing I was failing as I really didn't want him to go.

"Hey, relax. You will be just as great as you are when I'm here and I know you'll be just fine without me always covering you're back. I know you find it tough and the Garrison not always as good with special type of cadets, I learnt that fast but as long as you don't lose hope in yourself you'll be great. Iverson knows you're a good kid and you'll even have Adam keep an eye out on you the best he can, just maybe not be caught by a teacher if you do happen to find yourself in a fight" Father smiled softly, putting his hand on my shoulder and letting me how much he believed in me by the look in his eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle over the last part and notice the smirk on his lips as he told me the small bit of needed advice over not being seen by teachers. 

"I'll try but it's not like I chose where someone picks a fight with me" I shot back, rolling my eyes as a smile sat on my lips. My father laugh filling my ears making my smile grow even more.

"Don't I know it, just take care of yourself. I know you're doing your best but you're more like me then I would have liked. Sometimes walking away no matter what they say is still winning the fight" Father mumbled as he removed his hand fiddling with his back pocket as he tried pulling something out.

"If you're gonna start using "patience yields focus" on me again then I'll be picking a fight with you" I warned, an eyebrow raised as I crossed my arms not wanting to hear another speech with those three words in them ever again. I love my father but that saying can get really annoying real quick. 

"I won't be that mean and anyway those words won't hold the same meaning to you as they did for me or Shiro. I hope they never do in a sense otherwise I might need to reject being your father for the shake of my future" Father joked a little as he finally pulled something out of his pocket, waving with his other hand for me to hold out my hand. 

Rolling my eyes I did as he wanted, holding my hand out and watching as he grabbed it with his free hand before placing something cold and pointy within my palm. I raised eyebrow as he smiled before releasing my hand and stepping back.

"You're key" I asked confused, won't he need it when he comes home and I'm still busy at the Garrison.

"Now we don't have the lions, travel will take a little longer then I would have liked. I can't promise to be cheering you on when you pass Garrison training but if that happens. Why not give me my key back to our home, I'll be waiting for you in space, I know you reach me soon" Father shyly explained, rubbing his neck a little as he wasn't sure if he was using the same words and didn't want to ruin the mood.

"You think I'll get my own fighter Jet" I muttered out in surprise, I know he's always encouraging me over my flying skills and always praising me over my hover bike race skills even if I haven't won once against him. But I didn't think he'll have so much hope in me to return his key to him in space.

"I think you'll be even greater and meet with me in an MFE Jet instead. Now, I won't promise anything and I really don't want to be in space as long as that but if that happens to be the case. Make sure to return my key" Father smiled softly, looking to me like I was the proudest thing in his life and I guess in a way I was to him. 

"Well, you are getting old and I guess it's my duty to catch up to you sooner then you expect. You'll be holding you key in no time" I smugly answered with a grin of my own as my dad laughed.

"I'll be expecting to see you soon, just look out for yourself while I'm gone. I won't be able to save you're ass whenever your screw up" Father reminded me with a cocky smirk making me just playfully roll my eyes.

"Aren't you going to be late or something, wouldn't want you to miss you're bingo" I teased, holding the key tight in my palm and lowing my arms to my side as he laughed.

"I'm not that old and keep saying I am will only get you a walking stick of your own" Father warned with a playful smirk as he ruffled my hair before grabbing his back.

"Hey father" I spoke up without thinking, my unease and nerves kicking in as he turned to me.

"You'll be great, I'm gonna regret not seeing how amazed the universe is when they see how amazing my son is but I'll still be standing with pride over the man you become" Father spoke instead, a gentle and promising smile on his lips as he looked to me before heading to the door.

"I'll miss you" I muttered shyly as I walked over to watch him leave.

"I'll miss you too, Hey! Who knows, maybe time I return you'll find a girlfriend or boyfriend .. Hey! maybe you'll know what way you swing. Nah, the mission won't be that long" My father joked as he opened the front door, an honest smile on his lips before it turned into a teasing smirk.

"And now I won't miss you, just go" I sighed, pushing him out the door as he laughed.

"Aww, someone acting all shy" My father joked as he turned round to face me while I rolled my eyes. 

"Love ya" I smiled, playfully punching him in the arm, it was small but we both promised to never leave without saying love you at least once. 

"Love you too and just remember.." My father smiled gently, patting my cheek a little while I looked to him waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"Patience yields focus!" Escaped his lips as a grin grew on his face, his hand moving before I could even blink. The front door closing before me and before I could even get it open he was already on his hover bike.

"I'm gonna break your record at the garrison for sure now" I yell out as he started to ride away, his laugh carried in the wind a little making me chuckle and just shake my head.

"Guess I have to find a way to sneak you into my dorm room" I sighed as I glanced to Cosmo who sat panting excitedly beside me like his true master didn't just leave him. 

"Think chicks will fall for a no good lad with a space wolf, Is that in season" I asked like an idiot and Cosmo just stared at me, tilting his head to the side a little. 

"Guess not" I mumbled to myself and stepped back inside, making Cosmo was inside fully before closing the door and letting my eyes look to the key in my hand. 

One day, I will be returning it to him .. just wait.