Last Goodbye - Holt..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE 

********************************************************************

"I heard you tried to kill your brother earlier" Matt mumbled as he sat beside his eldest son who decided sitting on the roof of a jeep was a good idea.

"I failed" Milo sighed as he kept his head low, just looking to his broken square music box that was the same size as a child face.

"I won't ask what he did since you don't often lose your cool, you're a little like me if I'm honest" Matt admitted as he glanced to his son, a small smile on his lips as he saw himself in him a little. 

He loved both of his children but each son took after a different parent and had clear favourites. Milo always chasing after him, even as a toddler he would crawl towards him all as much as he could and always loved hanging around him. Asking questions of the rebel life and wanting to be like him a little when he grew up while living his own life.

While Miles, he stuck with N-7 most of the time and only stayed with her. He wasn't much of a daddy boy and well never really seemed to enjoy hanging with him whenever Matt tried bonding. He evened bonded with stars since that was something they both loved but it just .. Miles just ran back to N-7 within minutes of them hanging together. 

He loved his sons, he really did and he would always be there for both of them. But he just felt closer to Milo and he knew N-7 was the same with Miles. So, both of them agreed to look after each son that preferred them whenever something happened or it was time to bond. Stop any awkwardness from turning into hate by not pushing either son into spending time with them. 

"D-Did you ever try and kill your sister, back when you were my age" Milo shyly asked, glancing to his dad who smiled while shaking his head.

"I was always clinging to my sister and I guess she was the same to me. We just had each other for most of our lives, I didn't really make friends until I joined up at the Garrison and met Shiro then Adam. We were all in the same class and got along, becoming friends and well I could just be me. I didn't have to worry over being a nerd in front of them and I knew they wouldn't to see me as a Holt but as Matt. My sister .. I guess it was the same for her in a sense but she was bullied bad at school and would always come crying to me. Of course being the big brother I would help find her smile again and make sure she remembers how great she'll become one day and just had to hang on. Heh, I guess she did in the end" Matt replied with ease, looking to the sky as he remembered the nights he use to help his sister sneak on the roof and watch the stars. 

"You never got upset becuase of her or anything" Milo asked surprised, feeling guilty for almost killing his brother earlier.

"Oh, Sure she made me cry a couple times and I did yell at her but it's what siblings do. We don't always get along but we're always there when the other need us the most. We make up and find a way to carry on living together, even now my sister will drive me crazy sometimes just like I will to her. But we won't always like normal siblings, I mean we were the smartest children in our town with both parents working under the Garrison. Plus, we did join a space war and the galra was trying to kill one of us before we had the chance of killing each other over a silly argument" Matt answered with a slight grin and placed his arm around his son pulling him a little closer. Grinning more as he heard his son chuckle.

"Too busy with the galra trying to kill you to bother over your sister trying to kill you, that sounds about right" Milo joked making Matt laugh in agreement. 

"Now, you already know I'll be going on the mission since we spend this morning together and making a memory. But, I promise that when I return no matter how long it may take I'll return and fix that music box up for you. I won't change it or paint it, I'll just make it work again and we'll lay under the stars listening to it once more .. sounds fair" Matt offered with a gentle smile as he looked to his son who glanced to the box before looking to him.

"Promise to fix it" Milo asked with a child like pout, hope in his eyes as he looked to his dad.

"I promise, just wait for me to return and no killing you're brother while I'm gone. We a family and why you're not fighting a crazy space war, you still need to look out for him. After all you are the big brother are you not, you gotta be his hero" Matt smiled and playfully punched his son chin making him smile.

"I'll look out for him, I'm the big brother after all but why do I do when he leaves the Garrison. He talked to you about it and me but he just hasn't left yet, it's like he trying to prove something but we all know he not made for the garrison. How can I look out for him once he goes" Milo replied in slight panic making Matt just smile knowing his sons would be just fine while he was gone. 

"Talk to him, that's all you need to do" Matt promised before ruffling his son hair earning a chuckle from him.