Last Goodbye - Shirogane..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

***********************************************************************

Starla POV.

"Daddy" I called out surprised and I noticed my dad standing further down the hall, I thought he would be stuck in meetings like normal. 

"Hey sweetie, no class" He smiled, giving his prince like smile that still made any soldier, cadet and just anyone fall for him. It got annoying sometimes but the smile did make it feel like everything would be okay no matter what happened. 

"My classes were all cancelled for some reason, no clue why since everyone else classes are still happening" I mumbled back with a slight frown and putting my hands on my hips as I looked to the floor.

"That might be my fault actually" He nervously smiled, giving me a guilt look making me nothing something really funny was going to happen or something I might not look happen instead. 

"Just tell me" I sighed, trying to get my mind and heart ready for the coming news as he just smiled to me.

"I'll be leaving for a mission, the atlas will give me and my team a bit of a lift before Matt flies us most of the rest of the way. I don't know when I'm returning or if" He answered me, a sadden smile. His eyes holding the same emotion I felt, I hate how he knew me so well sometimes.

"You'll return, you always return" I sniffled, stepping forward and burying my face in his chest while he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know but I won't lie to you either, it could be rather dangerous or really easy. I'm just gonna miss you so much, you'll be all grown up and a real soldier without me being able to watch" He mumbled back, just keeping me close in case it our last.

"You'll beat anything up, you'll save the day and then come back home like you always do. I'll be right here, standing proud and ready to show you my unifrom as I become a real soldier ... I might even be on the Atlas to welcome you back and help give you a lift home" I smile brightly, slight tears in my eyes as I step back.

"I bet you will, just try and not give your brother any trouble. He is the commander of the Atlas and out ranks you enough to throw you in a cell for a night" He replied with a slight smirk, ruffling my hair a little as I giggled.

"He out ranks me for now but one day, I'll hold the power to throw him in the cell for a night" I shot back smugly making him laugh. 

"Be good for your dada as well, he's gonna be a real angel while I'm gone and he doesn't have any work himself to keep busy with" He weakly smiled knowing dada becomes a right old pain when he wasn't around and even worse when he stuck worrying without anything to do. 

"Why do you think me and brother asked for dorms as soon as the garrison accepted us. We not dealing with dada while you're on a mission ever again" I smile sweetly, patting his arm in slight pity as he laughed. 

"Yeah, I love him but even I don't want to face that again" He answered, leaning down a little to whisper knowing if dada ever heard him admit that, all hell would break lose.

"It's our secret" I promised as he shook on it, turning as yells filled the halls around the corner. 

"Since you're so keen on growing up and gaining a rank once you pass your training. Want to take this one?" He asked, a small frown on his lips as he glanced to me while I shook my head.