Ch. 28 Let Me Help You

I just shook my head, basically telling him that this another thing that needs to be dropped for now.

He sighed again

He dabbed some ointment onto the bruise on my jaw. I blushed hard at how close our faces were, I'm pretty sure he could notice.

"Cute" I heard him whisper under his breath, making me blush.

God he just wants to kill me doesn't he, I thought to myself. Suddenly he stopped and put some more of the ointment on the end of his finger.

With his free hand he gently grabbed my face and with the other he dabbed ointment at my busted lip.

I heard him swallow before looking back up at me. He stopped dabbing at my lips and we just stared into each others eyes for a moment.

After a moment of silence he cleared his throat and we both looked away from each other. The atmosphere was now a bit awkward.   

He began packing up the medical supplies back into the Tupperware container.

"J-Just take it easy today. There's nothing on the schedule for today so just relax and come down later if - if you feel like it. I assume you p-probably won't..." He stuttered out, flustered.

I nodded.

He picked up the bowl from the nightstand, which I had completely forgotten about by now, and sat it down beside me.

It was a semi-warm bowl of vegetable soup.

"Jin Hyung made it for breakfast. I'm sure you're starving, you didn't eat anything last night." I mentally grinned. If only he knew he long it's actually been since I've eaten...

I reached forward and grabbed my sweater that had been abandoned earlier, and tried to put it on so I didn't feel so naked. 

Yoongi Hyung noticed me struggling and assisted me.

"Call me in here if you want more soup, or if you need anything else. I'll be in mine and Hoseok-ah's room." He said.

"Thank you Hyung..." I paused for a beat "I mean it. Thank you for helping me today... and last night when I.. y-you know. And if you wouldn't mind, c-could you tell Jin Hyung I said thank you f-for cooking breakfast?" He nodded.

"Can promise me something Jungkook?" He asked.

I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows questioningly. "Please stop cutting..."

I looked down at my arms that were covered by my sweater sleeves, "I'm sorry hyung... But I'm afraid I can't promise you that." My heart stung a little when I saw the sad look in his eyes.

"But... But I'll try. For you." He smiled his gummy smile that practically made my heart melt.

"I'm proud of you Jungkookie" He praised me.

"I'm honestly surprised you're not demanding to know where my blades are so you can t-take them from me... That's what most people would do." I said honestly

Yoongi Hyung walked towards the windows that led out to my balcony and he watched as the sun came up, "I'm not gonna take your blades Kook." He responded, surprising me a bit.

"That's where my parents went wrong with me. They thought that just taking away my blades would solve the problem. When they took them it only made everything worse. They paid no attention to my mental health. Instead of starting at the root of the problem, they started where they thought was best, which was the self-harm." He took a breath.

"Taking away the blades didn't solve anything because they were so easy to get that there was no point in taking them. I remember one time, I broke into the art room at school and took a razor out of one of the pencil sharpeners."

Dang... I never thought of that. That would have been nice to know back during high school-

"Don't get any ideas." He said now looking at me sternly.

He turned back to the window, "What I'm trying to say is... I can't make you stop cutting, only you can do that for yourself. But I can at least start at the root of the problem, and help you learn to love yourself."

I was starting to tear up a bit.

I watched as he turned from the window and walked towards my door. He put his hand on the doorknob but paused, "I don't know where things went wrong for you Jungkook. It must have been pretty bad to make someone who is as amazing and beautiful as you want to hurt themselves... But I do know that I want to get to know you better. I want to know about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everything about you. I want you to let me help you."

With that he turned the knob and walked out, closing the door behind him.

He... he surely doesn't mean that...

Yeah you're right it's not possible for him to care about someone like you... Someone as fat and ugly as you are.

Can you please just go away? I'm not in the mood for you right now.

Yeah yeah whatever... I'll leave once you get rid of that soup. It's got like a billion calories in it that you certainly don't need fatty.

Okay fine, as long as you'll get the hell out of my head for a little while.

I stood up and walked towards the bathroom. I went to the toilet and flushed down the soup, feeling a bit guilty that Jin Hyung's soup had gone to waste.

But that guilt I felt left once I heard the sweet sound of silence.

I walked back to my bed and sat the empty bowl back on the nightstand before basically collapsing onto my pillow.

I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier as the seconds passed by.

I was half asleep when I heard it

...

...

...

Sike bitch.

------

Thanks for reading!!! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment

I love reading comments, they inspire me to keep updating 💜💜💜💜💜