Ch. 56 Opening Up [Ch. 2/2]

"Still... I was always so ashamed of it. And now... now I don't feel so ashamed. Now I feel proud of the person that I am today. And who cares if my parents aren't proud of me? I'm proud of me, and that's all that matters! I became successful without their help, I don't need them. All I need is you, the other members, and ARMY." I said wiping away strays tears that had fallen from my eyes.

Namjoon nodded, "That's right, Hyung. You don't need them as long as you have us all. And I just want you to know... I'm also proud of you Hyung, so proud."

Happy tears fell from my eyes after hearing those words.

You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words from someone, Joonie...

After a beat of silence Namjoon spoke, "D-Did any of those guys that did that to you get in any sort of trouble?"

I sighed, "Actually, yes. The guy who I guess you could consider the leader of the group, was arrested the same year, a week before graduation. Apparently I wasn't the only one he had assaulted. A classmate of mine, from the girls district of the school, came forward and said that he had assaulted her as well. There was a whole court case and everything. He was found guilty and they even found out that he had been illegally consuming drugs."

I yawned before continuing, "That guy's best friend had also been found guilty, so they are both locked away as we speak... One of them apparently got involved with some shady shit after high school and left Korea. Last I heard, he's somewhere in the U.S., California I think. And the other guy, contacted me a year or two after we graduated. It took a while, but we made up, and we're good friends on social media now. He moved to Daegu a couple years ago and started a family with his wife. I'm pretty sure their oldest kid is around 4 years old now" I said, trying to remember how many kids they had now.

I turned my head and saw Namjoon staring at me, "How were you able to forgive him like that? I don't think that I'd ever be able to forgive them if they did that to me..." he said

I sighed for what felt like the hundredth time this night, or morning I guess you could say, "Well after what happened, I developed anger issues. Once I realized that my anger was holding me back from being the best I could be, I promised myself to stop living in the past and to let go of that anger. Deep down, some part of me is still kind of angry... but I have forgiven all of them, even if they don't deserve my forgiveness..."

Namjoon presses a kiss on my nape, "You're too good for this world, Hyung... I love you so much"

I smiled, "I love you too, Joonie. Way more than you realize."

He smiled and pressed another small kiss on my shoulder.

"Wait a minute- Aren't you supposed to be sleeping on the couch tonight? Hmm?" I said sassily.

Namjoon chuckled, "I was just going to the closet in the hallway to get some blankets. I saw Jungkook and we both heard hyperventilating, we couldn't just ignore that..."

"Speaking of jungkook— we talked after he calmed me down. I apologized and he said the he and I are good now." I said giving him a small smile.

"I'm glad Hyung. Now the rest of us just need to figure out a way to make it up to him." I heard Namjoon lightly sigh.

We laid there in a comfortable silence for a moment or two before I heard Namjoon let out a long, over exaggerated groan.

"What is it, Joon??" I asked

"I just remembered that we have practice in a few hours..! God that's gonna be hell on all of us... we should all try and get some sleep." He said, yawning in between sentences

I nodded, "I don't hear anything downstairs so they probably went to bed. And Jungkook-ah seemed to be feeling a bit better when he came in here..." I said, pulling the blankets over the two of us.

Namjoon hummed, "I hope so. He doesn't look like he's been getting enough rest lately... which I understand why considering everything that's happened lately."

"Well we'll just see in the morning I guess..." I whispered, starting to nod off.

"And Hyung... thanks for telling me about what happened in high school. It means a lot that you opened up to me about it.

I love you Hyung, goodnight."

I tiredly smiled, "Goodnight, Joonie~ I love you too." And not even a minute later, we both went out like lights.

------

Thanks for reading!!! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

I love reading comments, they inspire me to keep updating 💜💜💜💜💜

And if there is any confusion, don't be afraid to ask questions!