Ch. 23 What Are We [Pt. 2/3]

-Still Jin's POV-

"FUCK!" I yelled probably a bit too loudly.

I ran into the bathroom we had attached to our room in a failed attempt to give myself a bit of decency.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me I was butt ass naked this entire time?!" I slightly shouted through the door at Joon, who I could still hear cackling on the other side.

I heard shuffling footsteps coming towards the bathroom. Namjoon leaned his head against the bathroom door, "Becauseeee, maybe I like seeing your pretty body, Hyung"

I smacked the door where his head was earning a small 'ow' from the other side.

"Joon, could you go get me some clothes please? Just get something comfortable because I'm gonna shower and change again after breakfast." Namjoon muttered a small 'okay' before walking off to my closet.

After a moment he came back and he knocked on the door. I opened it wide enough so he could fit the clothes through.

"Thank you~" I said before shutting the door again. I looked down at the clothes in my hands and- this little shit.

In my hand was a pair of Koya sweatpants and a Koya T-shirt along with a fresh pair of boxers.

I grinned to myself before putting the clothes on and opening the door.

Once I stepped out into the bedroom I saw Namjoon standing a few feet in front of the bathroom with a phone in his hand. I heard a click and saw a flash. "That's sooo gonna be my new home screen" I heard him say. I rolled my eyes and grinned.

"Come help me make breakfast, you'd better not break anything or I'll beat your ass."

Namjoon winked at me, "Ooh Kinky~" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I smacked him on the back of the head before exiting our room. He only chuckled and grabbed my waist to support me, seeing as I was still limping a bit.

We walked into the kitchen and I stood in front of the stove. I placed a pan onto the eye and started throwing ingredients for vegetable soup in it. I turned to Namjoon, who was sitting at the counter top, and handed him a bowl of vegetables, a cutting board, and a knife.

After a few minutes of me stirring the contents of the pot, I turned to check on Namjoon who was still cutting his first onion.

Aish, this kid.

I turned the temperature on the stove down a bit so it would just simmer while I went to help him cut the damn vegetables.

I sat down at the seat beside him and pulled the cutting board towards me.

"Look Joon, You don't drag the knife back and fourth, its not that kind of knife. With this knife the sharp side is smooth instead of jagged, so you just push the knife down" I said demonstrating how to cut the onion.

I looked back up at him, seeing as he didn't respond.

No wonder he's not saying anything back, he's not even watching what I'm doing.

When I looked up at him I saw how his eyes were stuck on my face and nothing else. I returned the stare, making the kitchen completely quiet besides the soup I could hear simmering on the stove.

Namjoon decided to break the silence, "We have to talk about last night, Jin Hyung." Well I've actually been trying to avoid that topic so let's not, I thought to myself.

"There's nothing to talk about." I stated, looking away from him and trying to return to chopping the vegetables for him.

I heard him sigh, "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked. I didn't answer. "Jin Hyung." He said, pushing me to answer the question. Once again I remained silent.

This time he nudged me.

I put the knife down and inhaled, "Because Namjoon. I know you're not looking for a relationship, you want a "no strings attached fuck buddy"." I said quoting his words from a few months prior.

I could tell that he regretted those words now by the look on his face but it was too late for that.

"You still should have told me."

I scoffed at that, "Why Namjoon? So I could have you reject me and make things awkward? Yeah that seems like a great idea." I quipped sarcastically.

"Because you were hurting! If I had know that you liked me then I would have gone out with you." Namjoon said.

Wait what? No way, he's just screwing with me.

"Yeah right Joon, you just feel bad for me." I said, I could feel tears beginning to well up in my eyes.

Just as I was finishing up the onions and starting on the peppers, I felt him cup my face in his strong hands, and turn me towards him.

He connected the space between us with our lips. It shocked me.

The tears that had been threatening to spill finally cascaded down my cheeks as we kissed.

It wasn't a sexual or dirty kiss, it was a sweet, passionate kiss that told me everything he was trying to say.

He likes me back.