chapter II

Silence had become constantly present in the home of the Wallace family. Nothing was said unless it held significant value. Small talk was completely pushed out the door the moment the news of Finn Wallace death. A heavy presence hovered above the family as thick and dark clouds.

The youngest son of Finn was seated on his fathers chair in the office. His eyes locked on the silver bullet that laid on top of an envelope on the desk. It was the bullet that killed his father. His mind was running wild of ideas and possible suspects that could've had killed his father that night. 

Everything had been passed onto Sean. He wasn't ready, he didn't pull in the same directions as a few others in the family nor the organization. He had spoken to the loyal associates to his family and its business. Not everyone pulled the same way, however he didn't budge. It was complete shutdown until his fathers killer was found.

Anyone who didn't find that suitable would be killed he though, anyone that would've work against him would be killed, if one kept hiding things for him they would be killed and the one that made the decision to pull the trigger would face a long and painful death.

Sean placed the bullet in his pocket before taking the envelope in his hands. His name was beautifully written onto the envelope. "Only to be opened by the Sean Wallace." Was written on the envelope. Inside was a written letter, the same beautiful handwriting had stained the crisp white paper with black ink.

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘔𝘳. 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦. 

𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘯 𝘌𝘺𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥.

𝘏𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦,

𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴. 𝘞𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

A frown was present between his brows as his eyes repeatedly went over the letter. The name Wright was more than familiar in the home of Wallace. Sean had heard numerous of stories from his father about the notorious rivalry family yet not one time had a 'miss Wright' been mentioned. The tone of the letter he found anything else then friendly. It sparked interest in the matter yet he couldn't help to feel suspicious about the ordeal.

Sean had never met the Wrights, he had only built his own imagination about the family from his fathers stories. He knew about the murder of Timothy Wright more than two years ago, he knew how his father had been fighting to keep the smile of his face as the largest gang second to his own family had been brutally murdered. Ever since that day he had stopped talking about them which had made Sean make the conclusion that they didn't exist anymore.

That until six months ago. His father had brought up the murders of the Wrights again, shared a few laughs about it. Finn had even said that their world will be swallowing anyone not strong enough to fight it. The survival of the fittest as Charles Darwin had named it. His father hadn't spoke about them a lot yet he had mentioned how lucky they are to be making it out alive and not making the same mistakes as the Wrights did. Sean didn't notice how his fist had clenched as his mind har wandered, he had crumpled the letter. A knock on the door brought him back from his thoughts.

"You wanted to see me Sean," Ed spoke and the young man nodded.

"A letter was left for me on the steps outside the door this morning." Sean said as Ed took a seat on the chair before the table. "A Miss Wright is inviting me to a meeting tomorrow night." He continued and looked Ed in the eyes. Sean swore he saw Ed flinch slightly by the mentioning of Miss Wright.

"Miss Wright?" He repeated and Sean hummed.

"I thought the Wright family got blotted out years ago." Sean stated. "What do you know about this?" He asked the man that knew everything about the business and the gangs around.

"Miss Wright turned out to be the only one surviving the attack on the Wright family." Ed began. "She is operating on other parts in London and isn't a threat to our business." He continued.

"How can you be so sure? All my life my father have spoken ill of the Wright family, they have been the main competition for us and now you are saying that the only living heir to that name is living and everything is peachy." Sean said, his voice thickening as it got deeper. "Why does she want to see me?" He continued with the questions.

"Your father-" Ed began yet hesitated, some things wasn't supposed to be spoken about. "You shouldn't be going, nothing good comes from the Wrights." He simply stated.

"She is threatening us if we don't meet." Sean said, raising his voice slightly. "What if they killed my father?" He continued.

"To kill in Luan's neighborhood isn't something a Wright would do. Nothing about the killing suits that family." Ed said honestly. "They ran a very professional business Sean, if a Wright did something, not a single trace would be found, no bodies, no blood, certainly no bullets. Nothing. If one caught the eye of the Wrights one would simply turn into dust." He continued. 

"I need to see for myself." Sean said and Ed opened his mouth to speak yet a knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Billy entered, his eyes wide and bags was present under his eyes.

"I need to talk to you," Billy said and looked at Sean, quickly looking at Ed before looking back at his younger brother. Ed nodded before standing up.

"I'll make sure that everything is set up for Kinney." Ed said before leaving. Billy walked inside, pacing slightly in the room. Sean stood up and walked to close the door behind Billy.

"What do you want?" Sean asked as he turned to his brother, they were all alone. Billy stopped and looked at his brother, reaching into his pocket only to place a small plastic bag onto the desk. Billy pointed at it. Sean looked at the bag, seeing the white powder inside. 

"Lale's dealing. It's Asif's heroin." Billy began, feeling proud. "I got it from one of her men at the Kebab shop." He continued.

"Billy, you shouldn't have done that." Sean began, the slight smile on Billys lips fainted.

"What? We needed to know who was selling." Billy complained.

"No, not you." Sean said, devastation lingering on his voice. "Not you Billy. You are sick." He blamed.

"But I wanted to help." Billy said, almost desperately. "I.... can actually do something." He said, sadness dripping from his voice. He just wanted to make his family proud of him, show that he could to something useful.

"If you want to help Billy then you have to stay away from this." Sean said.

"How?" Billy said, tears forming in his eyes. "I'm fucking useless. Dad's dead..." he tried to continue, now crying. Sean gripped his face with his hands, pulling him close to him.

"I don't want you to die." Sean stated, voice still strong. 

"I don't want you to die." Billy answered, through cries. Sean kissed his brothers cheek before pulling him into his embrace as Billy continued to cry.

"You have always taken care of me Billy," Sean said. The memories of that special day with their father flooded back into their minds. A day when their father tried to teach Sean how the world works. Sean's eyes started to well up with tears as well. "But this I have to take care of myself."